boots sv , sas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boots sv , sas?

does anyone have pictures of 'boots sv' or ammo boots with sv soles added?
    i am a 1/6 scale modeler and am working on a 4th sas (french) figure and was hoping to add some variation from the usual ammo boots and anklets look, so was going to try for sv boots with putees. would this be correct for sas in brittany? also, have seen several pics of sas wearing high boots with socks rooled above. are these german marching boots, wellingtons, or some other type?

any answers would be welcome!

cheers,
    rob

also, would dms boots be close enough to pass for boots sv? or at least close enough for 1/6 scale?

thanks again,
    rob

Comment

NLM 'DMS boots' are in fact closer to Boots, SV than what they are sold for. On a cheaper option, BBi also made the latter with a couple of British figures (the SAS and the Commando at least). Being plastic, they must quite easy to find.

This is something I have to check in my books on French SAS (the 4-volume history made on behalf of the Association), but first though is that they wore classic ammo boots with anklets.

The high boots you mentionned must be the Despatch Riders boots, there are some pictures of SAS (British) wearing these from France onwards, along with the motorcyclist breeches.

Cheers,

Eric

Comment

thanks, eric- i have a bbi pair from the med. commando but have gotten spoiled with nlm's boots and they are out of anno boots ( i have acouple of pairs hoarded, but i need them for a para and ad-day commando i am planning).

i had read that some french and belgian sas wore sv's and some with putees- is that not correct? due to my shortage of ammo boots im almost willing to fudge abit if it was at all within the realm of historically accurate . or would they be better saved for a diffent sas or commando figure?

do you know of any 1/6 dr boots, or a possible substitute? would german marching boots work?

thank you for your help,
        cheers,
        rob

Comment

Hello Rob,

I have checked through the books on 3 & 4 SAS 1943-44 and did not find a single occurence of Boots, SV being worn. That said, pictures do not show everything.

You will find pictures of the DR boots in this page :

http://www.canadiansoldiers.com/uniforms/boots.htm

As you can see, they are very different from German marching boots. To my knowledge, there is nothing near in 1/6.

Cheers,
          Eric

Comment

thanks eric- someone on another forum suggested using corcorrans painted black with added m43 buckle tops to represent the d.r. boots, might give it a shot...... the german marching boots were suggested for wellies- in some pics there appear to be tall no-lace leather boots w/ socks rolled above.

cheers,
            rob

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X