Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SPO James Combes - HMS Iron Duke

Hi guys,

Here is two my new medals from WW1 period (just common pair BWM/Victory Medal) belonged to K1191 SPO James Combes. Sadley looks like family split the full set because Mr. Combes was entitled to 1914-1915 Star and RN LSGC (1923) medal as well.
    Enlisted 26 August 1908, discharged 1928 after fracturing his patella.

He served on HMS Iron Duke for almost all of the Great War, including battle of Jutland where HMS Iron Duke delivered a number of significant shell hits on the German battleship SMS König, at the point when the two main fleets collided.

If you guys have more info about his service, please let me know.
    Also in order to make nice display, can someone please recomend a site where I can get 1914-1915 Star and LSGC reproductions?

His service card:

HMS Iron Duke

Comment

Both of those medals are common so you don't need to buy a reproduction.

Comment

Thanks Gary!

Yes, common they are but if I make a display, I do not want to add to there as a missing award filler someone else named awards. Is it possible to find those two as well unnamed in this case??

Comment

Use the appropriate ribbon as space filler. It's not a complete group, but it shows entitlement. I think this is a better alternative than wasting good money on copies. Unnamed examples of what you seek will invariably be erased medals - and the usage of such merely encourages erasing of single medals to feed the market.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X