Cdn 3rd Div Grt Coat with Regmt & Div Patches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cdn 3rd Div Grt Coat with Regmt & Div Patches

Picked up a grouping that came from the family of Vet named J Lusty. It contained two complete tunics and this great coat. I have never before seen a great coat with regimental and div patches. Was this common pratise?

cheers,

Roberto
    Attached Files

Hand sewn regimental patches
    Attached Files

Comment

machine sewn Div patches
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

J Lusty first on the left
          Attached Files

Comment

Insignia on greatcoat

Hi

I have had great coats with titles and div patches. It appears that some units permitted this at the end of the war. I have also had a nice Royal Rifles great coat with HK patches on it.

You need to be careful however because some unscrupulous people will badge the great coat in order to get rid of it. I have not collected uniforms for a few years however there was a time in recent history where you could not give one away.

The Div patches look authentic to it, just be sure the titles are as well. If you got it direct from the family, you have nothing to worry about.

Ken

Originally posted by Roberto T View Post
            J Lusty first on the left

Comment

WOW, I love this!!

Being Canadian and collecting Canadian stuff, WOW,.

I just want to know how you guys get all these deals from Vets? Id love to own this and frame it and put it on my wall. Nice picture also!!

Comment

Interesting Div patches. They don't appear to be the commonly encountered canvas type but something different. Can you tell what they are made of?

Comment

Hey Infanteer,

I agree, the div patches are a variant of the normal canvas. Not sure what they are made of specifically. I have never seen anything like them before. The other two tunics have classic canvas div patches.

Dire, after years of collecting, your name gets passed around and you eventually get phone calls from friends of friends. Best thing you can do is just start going to local shows and network with other local collectors.

Ken, thanks. Great coats are still a hassle to get rid of. I was selling one for literally $5 at a show in TO (live in a condo and dont have the space) and there were no takers.

Roberto

Comment

Funny Div patches

I had a set of Div patches in the same material but they were 2nd Div (dark blue). They came from the veteran so I knew they were good, but try convincing anyone else about that! Must of been some locally procured variants?

Anyhow, good to see yours to the 3rd.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X