Question about 6th Airbrone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about 6th Airbrone.

How rare are their shoulder patches? And how much would one go for?

If I post a picture would someone know if its real or fake?

Thanks

-Brandon

do you mean the divisional sign, Bellerophon on the winged horse Pegasus ?

Comment

6th Airborne

Not sure what you are asking? 6th Airborne was a Division and wore the British Airborne Corps Bellerophen on Pegasus formation badge. Is that what you are referring to?

Ken

Originally posted by Dire View Post
      How rare are their shoulder patches? And how much would one go for?

If I post a picture would someone know if its real or fake?

Thanks

-Brandon

Comment

Originally posted by force136 View Post
        Not sure what you are asking? 6th Airborne was a Division and wore the British Airborne Corps Bellerophen on Pegasus formation badge. Is that what you are referring to?

Ken
        Sorry, I mean the pegasus,

I found a guy that wants to sell me one for 80 pounds or something.. Its faded alot, but looks very nice, Purple faded into red and the blue into white, but you can still make it out,

I am trying to find the picture of the patch, just wondering if the price I am gonna pay for it is reaonable, btw, this is no ebay bid :P

Comment

Comment

Guy has two, he is re-listing one on ebay, I am buying the other.

if you guys want, ill send you the link, just need opinions!

thanks again everyone

-Brandon

Comment

Nice original pegasus

Nice original Pegasus,if he has a matched pair,snap them up,a matched pair are very desirable. £80 each is ballpark I would say. A matched pair double and a bit more.
              Regards,Ivan

Comment

Thanks for the info!

I am gonna try and buy both, alittle more then I can afford, but hell, its worth it..

Comment

damn, they arnt match paris.

here is what he said,

"Hi

They are not a matched pair, they are just individual left and right badges, the colours are very different "

dohh, just buy the one then?

Comment

What are you after, a good single example or a matching pair? Don't try to make a matching pair from singles, you can buy ten or more singles to find they still don't match.

Luc

Comment

Originally posted by lnijherald View Post
                      What are you after, a good single example or a matching pair? Don't try to make a matching pair from singles, you can buy ten or more singles to find they still don't match.

Luc
                      I personally just wanted a single until he told me he had another, then I asked if it was matching, which he said wasnt He is a collector himself.

I just bought and paid for the 1 patch and a really cool 6th Airbrone pin.

cost 100 pounds which was $180 Canadian, alittle pricey in my opinion, but gawd these patches are hard to find for me and they do go for more money dont they?

I just want to display this on my wall in a nice frame

Comment

What type of pin? Do you mean a parachute regiment cap badge?

Original Pegasus patches are easy to find and 80 pounds is outrageous. Either you have very deep pockets or you are desperate to get one quick.

Luc

Comment

Well Done

Put it this way.....You have an original patch,that's what you wanted,frame it and enjoy it. You were right to post here and ask,the last thing you want is a repro. As Luc says,you can't make up a matched pair. As I said £80 is about ballpark for one of these,you have not paid too much. Would like to see the pin when it comes too.
                          Regards,Ivan

Comment

Price

mmm seems Luc and I disagree here on the price,I really don't think that £80 is too far over the odds for a good original Pegasus patch,they certainly go for that on UK dealer sites and go quickly too. What dwould you think is a fair price for an original patch like the one in this thread?
                            Regards,Ivan

Comment

Originally posted by grip3846 View Post
                              mmm seems Luc and I disagree here on the price,I really don't think that £80 is too far over the odds for a good original Pegasus patch,they certainly go for that on UK dealer sites and go quickly too. What dwould you think is a fair price for an original patch like the one in this thread?
                              Regards,Ivan
                              Thanks guys!

Wow, the price that bad? He wouldnt budge since he wanted to put it on ebay, I am watching the other one to see what it goes for.

I dont have deep pockets btw, all my **** has been bought on credit! HAHAHH until I pay it off slowly.. HAHAHA

Thanks again guy, Deal is done, i paid the guy.. Basically the patch was 65-70 pounds and the pin 10-15.

The pin looks to be new issued, since it has a butterfly clasp. Britians didnt use those until later though right? It is a sweet pin though with the peagus logo

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X