Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regimental Flashes question. Armoured??

Dear Gents

Yesterday i was visting a local friend of mine who has 3 helmets in his collections. All 3 were given to him by the family of a resistance fighter and were local pick ups after the battle. All 3 were in an untouched condition.

One was a single decal M40 lw helmet. The other 2 are british helmets. One of them appears to me like a helmet from an armoured unit. It has a two tone camouflage pattern. Brownish and dark green. It has a rectangle unit flash with two colours. Yellow and green like the sketch below. The other one is a normal tommy helmet with another unit flash in dark red with 2 blue verticle stripes. It could be that it also had a blue stripe horizontal on top.

If somebody can help me identify these units it would be great

thanks in advance

Regards Erwin
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Erwin L; 11-06-2009, 05:20 AM.

Hello Edwin,

The red rectangle with blue stripes is associated with the Royal Engineers the other has the colours of the Reece corps but I'm not sure it's the correct design for them.

Regards
    Scott

Comment

Erwin,

Top one has the colours of the Reconnaissance Corps, bottom is Royal Engineers.

Could you get pictures of these helmets ?

Eric

Comment

Thanks for your help so far Scott and Eric

I will ask him if he can make some pictures of them

Regards Erwin

Comment

Does the shape also have influance on what kind of unit it is or is it just the colours. For instance if it is a diamond or rectangle shape with the same colours. Does this mean this are different units just of a different shape

Regards Erwin

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X