National Army Museum in London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thhhhhhhhat's all folks......

If anyone has an interest.... I also took a bunch of shots at the Tower of London... and I can start another thread..... Lots of armor etc......

Cheers and Happy Holidays to all !
    Mark

Comment

Originally posted by mravery
      Thhhhhhhhat's all folks......

If anyone has an interest.... I also took a bunch of shots at the Tower of London... and I can start another thread..... Lots of armor etc......

Cheers and Happy Holidays to all !
      Mark
      Hi Mark--
      I was just at the National Army Museum a month agao and asked if I could bring in my camera and they said no. I don't know WHY I asked? I never ask and I'm assuming you have the same rule: If you don't ask they can't say no!

Comment

Hey Peter,

Actually... it never even crossed my mind.... I just had the camera (digital) in a belt pack... and walked in..... The museum was pretty empty... so I just 'clicked' away... and no one said anything to me......

Cheers
        Mark

Comment

Hi Mark

Great photos yet again! I was also a little dissapointed with the Zulu War display, although if you ever get the chance visit the South Wales Borderer's Museum in Brecon which more than makes up for it!

If there's a certain conflict that interests you, then the National Army Museum really comes up with the goods with it's special exhibitions. This is when all the really good stuff they don't have the space to display all the time gets a viewing. At present the special exhibition is on the Crimean War, and there are some absolutely choice items on show -many uniforms, several important medal groups, weapons, even one of the prototype Victoria Crosses.

To put it into perspective, in 1992 I visited their special exhibition on the Falklands War, which contained an amazing array of uniforms, weapons, medal groups, etc. Usually only half of one display case is devoted to the Falklands, so that gives you an idea how much extra material they assemble.

Great photos!

Comment

Hi Mark

Great photos yet again! I was also a little dissapointed with the Zulu War display, although if you ever get the chance visit the South Wales Borderer's Museum in Brecon which more than makes up for it!

If there's a certain conflict that interests you, then the National Army Museum really comes up with the goods with it's special exhibitions. This is when all the really good stuff they don't have the space to display all the time gets a viewing. At present the special exhibition is on the Crimean War, and there are some absolutely choice items on show -many uniforms, several important medal groups, weapons, even one of the prototype Victoria Crosses.

To put it into perspective, in 1992 I visited their special exhibition on the Falklands War, which contained an amazing array of uniforms, weapons, medal groups, etc. Usually only half of one display case is devoted to the Falklands, so that gives you an idea how much extra material they assemble.

Great photos!

All the best

Paul.

Comment

Hey Paul,

I would LOVE to see the Crimean display... !!!!!

If I can swing another trip for the company.. I would love to come back to london for an extended stay....

I like the Victorian uniforms and history... really neat stuff !

Cheers
              Mark

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X