X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brit Victorian Belt ID Help

Ok Brit collectors.....

Who can ID this officer's belt ?

I'm racking my little brain trying to ID it and I'm having not one little bit of luck

Any assistance would be helpful

Cheers
    Mark
    Attached Files

Another pic

Another pic of the belt !
    Attached Files

Comment

I'm not entirely sure that what you have is British. In fact, I'd put a few beers on it that it ain't. Brokade waist belts do not feature heavily in British dress uniform design - which tend to use sashes & Sam Brownes for officers & buff leather for other ranks (black leather for rifle regiments). It might be some obscure Yeomanry officers' belt, but I doubt it. I'd say European - possibly Belgian.

Comment

Hey Tony,

In the victorian dress... they wore the brocade belts in the full dress uniform..... I have the 1891 and 1900 dress regs...... and in the 1900 regs they have pictures of the lace pattern in the back..... for all the services.... and the pattern of lace on this belt is for infantry.....

Problem is..... standard infantry is gold lace and this one is silver......... But I think that silver denotes 'reserve' ?????????

I'm also having a hard time IDing the buckle.... the Colonel on the Staff mentions a Lions Head waist plate.... but this is the whole damn lion

Arggg......

Cheers

Mark

Comment

I've got the 1900 dress regs too. The trouble is, like most of my library, I do not have them to hand, as they're all up in bloody Manchester. I really need to get sorted.

Comment

Tony, Tony, Tony,

Now that seems to be a pickle that your in........

What good are resouce books if they are not at hand ?

Cheers and Happy New Year (try not to party too much )

Mark

Comment

Books?

Who needs 'em? Because it's all in my head - along with the other pollutants. It's a pity I can't download all the junk to make way for more useful stuff. The books - or rather lack of - are a result of my ex-nomadic lifestyle. I just haven't got around to redressing the issue of no longer having to live out of a rucksack. Books & rucksacks go together like nylon-polyester shirts and fire.

I shall have a quiet New Year. In front of the fire with the dog & a (very) large glass of Glenthingy. And not a nylon-polyester shirt in sight.

Comment

Ok Tony,

I'll admit.... that made me laugh

"Because it's all in my head - along with the other pollutants"

I have a 3 year old son... and I wish I could retain things as fast and easily as he does

Enjoy the new year...... and remember to wear flame retardent clothes

Cheers !
                Mark

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X