Para Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Para Wings

COuld somebody please tell me the date of when these were manufactured?

Cheers,
    Tom

From the 1970's onwards. The sort of background that badges for the Army Cadet Force are made.

Comment

Hi all,

Does anybody know if these wings were made during WW2 or if they are of later date?

Many thanks!

Cheers,
      Jacek
      Attached Files

Comment

It looks like they were glued to some kind of a display case. But I think some details are still visible...

Are these WW2 ?
        Attached Files

Comment

Jacek,

I think you have a very modern parachute qualification badge by the looks.

Also, the ''glue'' could even be the form of backing you got on these.

KR

Marcus

Comment

Early glue backs cracked like that , before the rubber back patches took over. These are NOT ww2.

Comment

Thank you guys for your much apprciated feedback . Is it possible to tell from which time period these wings are?

Thanks again!

Cheers,
              Jacek

Comment

Originally posted by 3 DSK View Post
                Thank you guys for your much apprciated feedback . Is it possible to tell from which time period these wings are?

Thanks again!

Cheers,
                Jacek

Hi Jacek,

Such were issued certainly in my duration of the late 1980's to the earlier part of this century. I've never heard of the ''rubber'' backed cloth badges, or even noticed to be fair - I'm not really a collector of these, so I wouldn't have an eye for such.

Maybe these of yours could even date from a time in the 1970's? I honestly don't know? When items were made to their eventual issue is another matter; I had a set of NBC gloves inner issued once that were dated before I was born in 1972!!!

However, it looks though as if your qualification badge has been worn, it's faded and the backing ''decay'' would I imagine be a result of subsequent multiple washes.

The only other thing I could mention is that when issued the badges came with a broader border of the green material, and you would trim and shape around the design before you sewed it on (or the camp tailor), as has been done to this very example.

That's why you'll get so many irregular looking badges.

KR

Marcus

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X