Military Cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Military Cross

This Military Cross is being offered for sale. Please give your opinions on it from these pictures.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

It lacks quality and a date on the reverse , just my opinions . Rob
        God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Rob, thanks for your reply; my thoughts too. I am curious what others have to say about it too.

Comment

On the up side...the case appears to be correct.

Not being dated isn't a problem, as WWI examples weren't. However, have a look at the suspension and compare with other known originals.

This appears to be damaged/repaired. Perhaps an old copy or one that has been mucked about with to make it appear older (who would fix a copy...must be real!)

The detailing and finishing does appear a bit "rough" as well.

I am curious about the apparent mark on the suspension ring. Is this a letter or symbol punched in or perhaps just a flaw of some sort.

The French produced a period copy of several British awards, including the MC. I can't recall the identifying details at the moment but perhaps someone else can? Not suggesting this is one necessarily...

Adam

Comment

Some additional info: The seller claims guarantees it as authentic WW1. But it is indeed a bit strange noticing the small vertical stripes beneath the crowns and bar above the ring.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X