Tank Mask Face Armour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tank Mask Face Armour

I've got ww1 tank face mask with chains on it. Any tank experts here?. It's rough and I don't know much about this type of gear. Are these hard to find?. No straps on it. Maybe not the correct category to ask? apologies ifnot

Hi,

You will probably get a better response if you post a photo. If it is the type of item I am thinking of then I believe they are rather scarce and quite a desirable piece of kit for WW1 collectors.
    Last edited by DJT; 09-27-2009, 04:43 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by DJT View Post
      Hi,

You will probably get a better response if you post a photo. If it is the type of item I am thinking of then I believe they are rather scarce and quite a desirable piece of kit for WW1 collectors.

Good point, a photo would help. It's the one with the steel eye armour.

Comment

The British Tank Corps was one of the largest Corps of the British army during WW1. Regardless anything connected with tanks during WW1 is highly collectable. These masks (I am assuming yours is a mask not a brodie attachment) do often appear for sale, I would say they are about as common as a maroon beret.

Value is around 400 - 500 pounds. However this depends on the condition of the leather to the rear of the mask and if the original tie for the head is still present.

I have for a long time been looking for one of these but Ive never managed to find one cheap, 400 is out of my price range, regardless the first man to offer me one in exchange for a maroon beret has a deal any day!!!
        Last edited by yellow; 09-27-2009, 05:08 AM.

Comment

If you do a quick search, I posted mine a few months back and there was another one posted shortly after that.

I got mine at auction, advertised as a 19th century stone cutters mask.

At the time one had just sold on a dealers website for 800 pounds.

Comment

£800! Not worth it, even in un-used condition. For an accurate price see eBay.

I have found from experience that many dealers drop the price of their stock at fairs and then mark the item on their web sites as sold with no price adjustment.

If someone offered you £800 you would a fool not to snatch their hand off!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X