RAF Mug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RAF Mug

Does anyone know if these are being reproduced?. I have an identical mug with same markings which I paid 14.00 for at Duxford. There was a stacke of them.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WWII-RAF-Servi...d=p3911.c0.m14

So far I think these are safe. The value hasn't gotten up to the point where it is profitable to fake them.
    Originally posted by clarky View Post
    Does anyone know if these are being reproduced?. I have an identical mug with same markings which I paid 14.00 for at Duxford. There was a stacke of them.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WWII-RAF-Servi...d=p3911.c0.m14

Comment

I am not aware of these being faked, yet....

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

I am sure they are ok, no known copies. There are other pieces in this range too, I have seen egg cups, plates, jug & bowl for washstand and even a hot water bottle!
        Lee

Comment

Defintly wrong. This may be an original but I saw a stack of these newly made at Duxford this summer. The mugs were original but the markings had been glazed on and cleverly too!. Looks the same as this one.

Comment

Sounds like you have answered your own question, if the ones at Duxford were sold as replicas and the markings were not done like originals.

Just for interest, here are some wartime and post war bits of broken RAF china I found myself.

Cheers, Ade.
            Attached Files

Comment

The one I have is "nearly" identical. It's definitly a transfer under the glazing. Looks very good and could be mistaken for original. Thanks for the pictures

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X