British Grenadiers guard red tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British Grenadiers guard red tunic

I am loss in this area so I ask a little help from fellow forum members, I have been ask to find for a gift to a very good friend birthday a red British grenadiers guard tunic and the appropiate "buff leather" belt with buckle, this tunic is of course the "current issue" one.

If some one has one for sale or know where to find one in the USA , all the ones for sale I could find are in the UK and shipping/currency exchange alone makes the item to expensive for it's original value. I have 2 1/2 weeks to find one, so if any one can lend a hand in finding one will be greatly appreciated.

Federico
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Check out Ebay item # 280398867368. It's a Grenadiers tunic, located in Santa Barbara, CA. Current price is $120, no bids.
    You are correct regarding shipping charges from the U.K., and these tunics are not light! I have one, and it's a heavy bugger. Mine is a small size, without buttons, but I have bought some to sew on. (Not by me!)
    Mine has the cypher of George V on the epaulettes, so it's an old one.
    Good luck.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

Robert,

A BIG THANK YOU for the info on the tunic at e-bay, will check it now to see if I am in luck.

Again thanks!!!

Federico

Comment

Just in passing interest I checked the tunic on e-bay. The close-up photo of the button looks to me like a King's crown RAF button, certainly not a GG button!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Alexander View Post
          Just in passing interest I checked the tunic on e-bay. The close-up photo of the button looks to me like a King's crown RAF button, certainly not a GG button!
          Dave,

Thanks for that information, since this is not my area of collecting this small details could be a problem for me!! Is interesting that most of the tunics available in the market right now have the same problem with mismacht or wrong regimental buttons, again thanks, a point to have in cosideration about this piece

Comment

I believe the seller states that one button is wrong; I noticed the RAF button as well. It may be covered when the belt is worn.

Comment

Just checked the photos again. On enlargement they are ALL Kings Crown Royal Air Force buttons.

Comment

Just checked the photos again. On enlargement they are ALL Kings Crown Royal Air Force buttons.
                Dave,
                You are indeed correct. My mistake. Why would someone go through the trouble to sew all of those buttons, using clearly incorrect ones? Are they that dumb, or just lazy, or devious? I notice no bids as of yet on the tunic.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

The owner has obviously no knowledge of British military items. He states that it is marked "3 Goy" (sic) and can't make out the rest. If he was a collector he would know that it is 3 Coy then 1 GG is 1st Bn Grenadier Guards. I'm guessing that he is American because all of their military buttons are the same. Finding buttons with a crown and probably a makers mark on the back which included the word "England" he put 2 and 2 together and figured this was a military button. He states that it is dated 1954 in which case it would at least be Queen's crown. I don't think he is trying to fool anyone and if it's only needed for a Hallowe'en costume or amateur theatricals it wouldn't matter.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X