Camo MK II Brodie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camo MK II Brodie

Did the British use this pattern camouflage in 1945?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Hey ya mate,

The yellow ish colour? is this gold looking?

Comment

Yes, the yellowish color is gold looking.

Comment

Hey ya bud,

I would tend to say that its rust killer mate, at a guess anyhow, I looked at a ww1 brodie not so long ago that had the same stuff on it,

-Ric

Comment

Assuming it is paint and not rust killer it does look a bit gold/yellow for most British wartime paint I've seen, though I'm no expert on late-war colours. More like the post-war/current 'Desert sand' colour used by British forces. AFAIK any camouflage like this was done in the field at unit or even individual level so it could depend on what paint was available, how rushed/bored the chap with the brush was etc. as to the colour and finish. The base green looks like it could be the original wartime finish. Does the helmet have the same colour green inside and out? What is the date of the shell and liner if either are visible? Going my the pics. I'm assuming it's a mid/late war production?

Comment

Helmet is dated 1945 and this is the only other picture I have of it.
              Attached Files

Comment

Seems to be quite a bit of difference between inside and outside, usually it's the reverse of what you have here though with the inside in better condition than the exterior. Judging by the pics. I'd say the exterior has had a repaint then? If so it's hard to say exactly when/who did it just from photographs, but I'd say the outside was quite a bit more recent than inside having seen the condition in your last pic.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X