Commonwealth WWII Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commonwealth WWII Wings

I've recently aquired this collection of framed WWII wings. All seem to be original to me. What are your opinions please?

Mike

Hi Mike,

To be honest the picture isn't good enough quality to really tell you much. I don't particularly like the WAG brevet in the middle but that could just be because of the picture quality.

Cheers
    Gary

Comment

I agree with Gary. Please show us some good close ups.

Luc

Comment

Luc & Gary,

Thanks for your replies, unfortunately, as a non suscribing member I can't post direct to the thread. I'll have another go at getting a larger pic to come up via ImigeShack.

I'm pretty sure that these are not modern copies as the backing of the frame is held in by some very rusty pins that have been there for many many years.

I'll try to update the pic, or if I could send one of you the better scan I have via email, maybe you could post it for me?

Cheers,

Mike

Comment

Heyyyyyy! My beloved area of collecting. Woot.
          Taking a look at the photo you provided (I agree, please supply better shots) I have come to the following: I very much like these wings. I am also a little suspect of the RCAF WAG and a bit of the Aussie Pilot (definitely need to see that one closer).
          The RCAF Pilot and RAF Pilot look like good wartime examples to me, The B and N are also fine British Examples. Signaller I'd like to see closer, and the Air Gunner is definitely post World War Two from what I can see.
          The Aussie AG looks spot on....Is the ASR patch Printed on the cloth??? Or embroidered?

Comment

I'll try again.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/8611/img128b.jpg

Comment

Mike,

The ASR badge seems to be printed. I can do real close up scans but can't post here.

Cheers,

Mike

Comment

A printed ASR badge, if original is quite the score! I still don't like the WAG brevet, but the rest I'm comfortable with (see my description of eras above)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X