Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed with free french paratrooper grouping

Hello

I have bought the grouping on the pics from Michel Detrez sometime ago... I´m posting it to get additional information about it....

Some info about the patch and the beret maker mark would be very wellcome..

Pics availavable here.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=330355861435

Thank you all in advance.....

Link not working, will be interesting to see the grouping.

Comment

Try this url....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MESELX:IT

Thanks a lot

Comment

Beret looks good, but the cap badge is a fake. I don't know anything about the other pieces.
        Normally, I would expect to see someone to do some research first and then list the items on ebay with a proper description and decent pictures.

Luc

Comment

Ebay listing just for providing pics to the forum.... Grouping is not for sale actually....

Comment

If I were you I'd see if you can get your money back!

Comment

Not sure I get the reason for listing on eBay, though obviously way over valued, I doubt anyone would pay the price being asked anyway. The items look good to me, except the Cap badge, as already mentioned. Nothing illustrated that is too out of the ordinary IMO, unless there was some history and provenance. Regards, Clive.

Comment

Ok....

Again...... Ebay listing is just for WA menbers to see the pics as i can´t upload pics to the forum. Price at ebay´s website is for the grouping not to be sold... Grouping is not for sale ...... I think that this is not difficult to understand....

I need help with the para patch and beret maker mark, some info will be very wellcome....

It´d be a good idea you to give some reason to say that something is fake or not....

Thanks you all again.....

Comment

A

"If I were you I'd see if you can get your money back! "
                  ..... Jacque DD

Firstly as ever .. if the grouping was named it would help ..

Next ... The para cap badge (cut down from the British) ...
                  I was lead to believe (by an ex-foreign legionaire para who knew some of the WW2 vets personally) that the Free French Para's first off used the Polish metal collar para kites as their unofficial/official cap badge.

.. Jacque (DD) also having some reservations might lead me to think, all is not well with the group !

Comment

Originally posted by ISLABAJA View Post
                    Ok....

Again...... Ebay listing is just for WA menbers to see the pics as i can´t upload pics to the forum. Price at ebay´s website is for the grouping not to be sold... Grouping is not for sale ...... I think that this is not difficult to understand....

I need help with the para patch and beret maker mark, some info will be very wellcome....

It´d be a good idea you to give some reason to say that something is fake or not....

Thanks you all again.....
                    As said allready;

Beret is original,but the badge is a cutdown repro[look up the thread on wa about fake parabadges.]If you paid more than the price of a normal ww2 black beret,you have been had and you should try to get a refund.

regards Johan

Comment

Thank you all for your assesment ....

Does anybody knows about the para patch?... I have never seen it before...

Does anybody knows about the maker of the beret?.... Have you ever seen before?....

This grouping cames from Michel Detrez... Those who don´t now who is he please, make an internet search..... This grouping hasn´t been bought in the street, ebay, internet dealers or others... Being from Michel Detrez it has my confidence till a good reason has been given...

I´m not asking about the beret para badge but i strongly agree those who has wrote as a fake. I´m asking for the french para cloth patch

Thanks again....

José

Comment

Originally posted by ISLABAJA View Post
                        This grouping cames from Michel Detrez... Those who don´t now who is he please, make an internet search..... This grouping hasn´t been bought in the street, ebay, internet dealers or others... Being from Michel Detrez it has my confidence till a good reason has been given...
                        Buy the item, not the dealer! Michel De Trez's perceived reputation allows a few dodgy pieces to slip under the radar. I could tell you a few stories including my first set of Airborne strips that I got burned with.

The fact that the cap badge is fake doesn't give the group much hope unfortunately.

The cloth badge (from memory) is French Air Force parachutists qualification badge. I remember selling Clive a cracking example of one a few years back.

Thanks
                        Jacque (DD)

Comment

I think most collectors will know of Detrez, good and bad, I have bought from him over the years and whilst expensive I do not think I bought anything from him that was not genuine. It is more usual to do your homework before buying such items, often it is way too late after the event. As mentioned the French Para Cloth Badge is for the Inf. de L'Air, a Bullion version that looks good, but there are excellent aged copies made of this Insignia. Regards, Clive.

Comment

Jacque

Thank you for your time... Do you think that the cloth patch it´s a combat one? combat carried?..... Is a stuning patch...

Where axactly can i find threads about fake para badges?.... I can´t see red flags from my books, but your point of view is very usefull for me.

Some times is difficult to talk about some guys. I have been offered an A2 leather jcaket with an unsewn 101st patch from him. I think that the A2 was ok and it carried a 101st patch in the past.... But not the offered patch for sure.... I asked one and once again about the source with no creible answers at all... I was told about a friend of a friend of a veteran´s friend.... I even asked to Mark Bando and i was told that if the jacket was from Detrez it should be ok.... As you can think this all did sound really strange. So, even being fron Detrez i did decide to pass on it...

Thanks again....

José

Comment

Clive

I´m 100% with you...

A very interesting info about the french cloth para patch... Thx a lot... I´ll try to research from this last news about it....

José

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X