Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British SOE Lapel Pin Help

Hello,
    This Pin was in a inside pocket of a Canadian Battle Dress I just recently bought. I know what the SOE is so I can not see them wearing Pins to identify them selves. It is Brass with Enamel, screw back and is 1/2 inches in diameter. I'm guessing Post War but it is very well made. Any Help is appreciated and Thank You in Advance for your Help.
    Happy Hesian
    Attached Files

Reverse SOE Pin

Reverse SOE Pin
    Attached Files

Comment

Nothing to do with Special Operations Executive. I have seen a few of these badges over the years but not sure what organisation or association they are for, Navy, Life Boats? I guess someone will know, regards, Clive.

Comment

SOE pin

Yes, not an SOE pin. I have similar pins and it may very well be from the organization "Son's of the Empire". I actually got one from the CO of the 1st Canadian Special Service Battalion. The only difference being the ones I have include periods between the letters SOE.

Ken

Originally posted by seebee1 View Post
        Nothing to do with Special Operations Executive. I have seen a few of these badges over the years but not sure what organisation or association they are for, Navy, Life Boats? I guess someone will know, regards, Clive.

Comment

Don't agree with the "Son's of the Empire" as this is St. George and not Union Flag.

I save seen pin badges that are similar meaning "Save our England" that were distributed by right wingers over here.

Thanks
          Jack

Comment

This flag is used by various nations. Did you consider Swiss boy scouts e.g.?

Luc

Comment

Soe

You could very well be right Jack. The only pins I have seen with SOE as an abreviation however are from "sons of the empire". But your point about the flag makes some sense.

Ken

Originally posted by Jack Dutton-Roberts View Post
              Don't agree with the "Son's of the Empire" as this is St. George and not Union Flag.

I save seen pin badges that are similar meaning "Save our England" that were distributed by right wingers over here.

Thanks
              Jack

Comment

Sons of England.....

See :http://books.google.com/books?id=dbU...and%22&f=false

Comment

SOE Pin

Hello,
                  Many Thanks to all with the Help on the Pin.
                  Happy Hesian
                  Lorrie

Comment

Sons of England Benefit Society

Thanks GFC that is it exactly. This was a society set up to benefit veterans of the First World War. There are some online write up's of the group. So the pin I have must relate to Jack Akehursts brother who was in WW 1. It is probably more interesting to people on the forum now that it does have a military connection.

Ken

Originally posted by Happy Hesian View Post
                    Hello,
                    Many Thanks to all with the Help on the Pin.
                    Happy Hesian
                    Lorrie

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X