Rarest Brit Boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rarest Brit Boots

Not sure exactly how rare these are but I think you'll agree they are pretty scarce. Often seen in pics of commandos but not often mentioned in the captions. These have clear W/l\D stamps and are dated 1940.
    Attached Files

View of sole.
    Attached Files

Comment

Those are Outstanding! I've never seen a pair other than in war time photos, thanks for posting these pictures any chance of seeing more????
      Cheers mate,
      Greg

Comment

Those are like brandnew.
        Very nice find i have to say.
        Got a picture of the stamps?

Comment

Certainly issued to Commando units among others, I've forgot what the soles are made from memory's gone blank ideal in such they make less noise than the standard issue boots.

Scarce to say the least Lee.

Scott

Comment

The soles are thick white felt, I think for less noise, also for better grip on deck on small boats and wet rocks etc when coming ashore. I'll try and post some more pics
            Lee

Comment

Crepe soles Scott.

Sipke.

Comment

Very nice Lee, thanks for showing. They are the first pair I have seen in a modern collection.

Comment

Yes i agree, i just thought to see them only from pictures, but they survived...

Cool Lee, keep them well.

Jeroen

ps, you only have to look for a step-in smock and a Brunevall helmet.

Comment

I love these !!!

owen

Comment

Not actually crepe but felt. Great catch Lee!

I would think these are rarer than the crepe rubber soled boots.

The rubber ones were very unstable and badly cured. The soles would literally melt after contact with oil etc. I found a pair many, many years ago and these had gone really nasty. My Father refused to allow them In the car .

Yours, Guy.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X