Need Opinions on possible Fairbairn-Sykes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Opinions on possible Fairbairn-Sykes

Picked up possible Fairdairn-Sykes blade today and would appreciate any info... Thank you.
    Attached Files

Picture of marking reads ENGLAND.
    Attached Files

Comment

Picture of marking looks like an "I" with an arrow.
      Attached Files

Comment

Marking of the number "3". Any information would be appreciated. Thank you.
        Attached Files

Comment

F/s

Hi,
          The stamp ENGLAND was added to the knives after the end of the war by the British.
          These knives were sold as surplus to USA 1946. 167 000 knives went as a payment for the credits of war over the Atlantic. The I stamp acceptance mark is that of the India Stores Dept. (ISD) who stamped the broad arrow and ISD mark. Obviously a lot of these turn up in the US,they are period and not copies however were for export hence the markings. The 3 refers to the mould used to cast the hilt,i.e. 1,2 or 3 mould.
          Hope this helps,Regards,Ivan.

Comment

Just as Ivan has stated, a neat example, congratulations Regards, Clive.

Comment

This is better than just a regular 3rd type. The blade is drop forged and hand ground blade. They fetch a higher price.

Comment

F/s

Thank you for the information, very interesting. What would a fair price be for one in this condition. Much appreciated.

Comment

Frank,
                  Very nice original. As stated the hand ground blades fetch a better price. It's a shame about the 'England' stamp
                  Not sure about the rest of the guy's who collect FS knives but I won't have an FS with the 'England' stamp in my collection. As such I can't give you a price on your knife.
                  Without the stamp it could fetch £150-£250 depending on the condition of knife and scabbard.
                  I'm sure you will find someone who isn't as fussy as I am.
                  Regards
                  Irv

Comment

F/s

Thank you for the information. Much appreciated.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X