Windproof Camo/Camo display "chapter 2"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windproof Camo/Camo display "chapter 2"

OK fellows, this is the camo windproof smock set, a follow on from the snow set I did afew weeks ago

Dated 43 smallish pants, smock is nice size, missing the iner ties tho "Please if anyone has a spare set"

I did this setup with a tankers drop holster, now In fact I should have shortened it as you see commandos in pictures using them, but no way! am I cutting up my badboy! but it looks the part

Thanks again for the people that traded with me, and put up with my crazy plans And more than happy for critque

PS I freaked out for a bit, as the pants have the lable on the outside, but after talking to a great fellow collector, he told me that the labels on the para pants are on the outside, so phew!

Enjoy

Ok, I just had a moment, and thought, well he did not have enough ammo for a good rumble, so I sorted him out

Comment

good job .
      Windproof is one of the best patterns ever .

owen

Comment

Ric,

Before commenting, can you specify what unit/period you are trying to depict with this display?

Comment

what does it matter .
          This is a fantastic effort using hard to find camouflage uniform pieces .

owen

Comment

Its the elite Commando Tankers. Famed for washing dishes behind enemy lines. Des I think you need to pick up a few books mate

Comment

lets say just for giggles, the 40th RMC or how about, any other unit in the war as we know the smocks were issued to everyone

as said in the first post guys, I didn't want to cut and shorten my tankers holster, I should infact just twist it, as Upham did.. I guess, but I was in a hurry to display it

Comment

What about the lrdc? Long range dessert chef's

Its a work in progress. But like I said, critique is welcome so start slinging the mud!

-R

Comment

Apologies, I forgot about that little known armoured commando brigade sent to the Far East at the end of the war.

Comment

Heck Des, I thought you would have known about the

20th Commando Secondhand Tiger tank salesman div :P

Div motto "Low mileage low prices"

But to the thead, I didnt have a nice modified pattern 37 tankers holster spare, I have seen quite afew pictures of troops using those unless its another open top econ holster that I dont know about
                    Last edited by Kiwi Ric; 07-15-2009, 04:44 PM. Reason: added more info

Comment

All you have to do is put a Windproof pixie suit on him and you are done .

Comment

The old camo pixy suit

I dont know ahell of alot about them, I belive they used them right at the end of the war in small numbers???

-Ric

Comment

I have one Windproof pixie suit complete with hood .

My 1 is made from the heavy weight fabric that you sometimes see on WW2 Windproof 2 piece sets .

I would love to find a lightweight suit .
                          But I doubt they exist .

owen

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X