Norwegian Badge - British Made

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Norwegian Badge - British Made

Can any Forum member assist me with the Identification and purpose of this Norwegian Badge that I believe to be British made in about 1945 ? "Alt For Norge" is I am sure "All For Norway". The badge is some two and a half inches high. Many thanks, Clive.
    Attached Files

Reverse of Badge
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Clive.

You are correct.
      This is a British made capbadgs used by the norwegians in England under the war.

Regards
      DeMil

Comment

Many thanks DeMil. My impression is that it was a Badge-Award to be worn by ? at the time of Liberation and return to Norway. I have tried to research it, but can find no information. Just wonder if there is anywhere to find out more? Regards, Clive.

Comment

Who wore it, and why not the King Haakon 7 cap badge?

Luc

Comment

Exactly my question Luc, I can find no references for this Badge/Award. It is not a cap badge and I believe worn on the breast. It is very curious and somewhere there must be information? Regards, Clive.

If I can obtain permission from the owner I have a small photograph taken of a Norwegian veteran, in recent times, wearing this badge under his medals. From this I assumed that it was not a cap badge, but thinking about it, with the fastening lugs, could well have been its original purpose.
            Last edited by seebee1; 11-14-2009, 05:57 AM. Reason: Addtional Information

Comment

Hello!

The badge is indeed a beret badge, worn by norwegian military police force right after the liberation in 1945 until early 1946. Its presumed that its made in England during the war and handed out after the capitulation of the Germans in Norway, may 1945.

Comment

Many thanks Carl for the information, I am very pleased to now know something about this Badge Can you advise who the Norwegian Military Police Force consisted of, were any of them ex-SOE? Kind regards, Clive.

Comment

Might have been SOE trained soldiers but most likely out from the two persons Im aware of who worn this badges they belonged to the Norwegian brigade trained in Scottland during the war (Skottlandsbrigaden)

Comment

Originally posted by lnijherald View Post
                    Who wore it, and why not the King Haakon 7 cap badge?

Luc
                    So we're talking about this one being the proper Norwegian soldier (in exile UK) cap badge
                    Attached Files

Comment

You are quite correct NickG, the usual badge is as you have illustrated, I will attach another example that I like a lot, due to the neat backing of the National Flag. The question I had was who would have used the badge that I originally posted, as it was clearly something quite different to what would be normally worn. I have also been sent an image of the Badge being worn, will post this as well. regards, Clive.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Reverse
                        Attached Files

Comment

Image I have been sent of the Norwegian Military Police Badge being worn, I have asked for more details and information, just wonder who he was? The Badge seems to be worn on a British Khaki Beret. Regards, Clive.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Is that a sterling silver officers cap badge Clive? The lugs seem different from my WM badge.

Luc

Comment

Hi Luc, yes Sterling Silver, attached image of back with flag backing patch removed and close-up of Manufacturers Mark and Hall-Marks. Regards, Clive.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X