No announcement yet.

One more 1st pattern Denison smock with a twist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice Owen, great set ups you have there. Quite interesting to see such an early smock with a full zip...I wonder If this had been done from the factory for an officer. Any evidence of holes in the shoulderboards for pips?

Here's my size 7 mint 42 dated Denison. I've been looking at the many denison pics I have saved and even if you could find 5 Identical smocks, same date/maker and with the same shade of camo. To find a repete with such a complex camo and bearing in mind they might of cut there patterns horizontly or vertical . I think it not surprising we haven't found a repeat as yet

Greg
    Attached Files

Comment

Let me look tonight for pip marks .
      But I do not remember seeing them .
      It has a great wing on the arm though .
      I am doing an Airborne impression in a couple of weeks so I am going to be busting my guy down .
      I will take some shots of the smock for your refence .
      Included will be the small label sewn in beside the zip.

owen

Comment

I am about to pull the uniform of this guy over the weekend .

Here is a quick shot of the tan paratrooper helmet .

I also added his scarf .

owen
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi boys,
          here is my and my friends own replica of 1st pattern Denison. You may evaluate this work?

Last edited by MacHodr; 07-08-2009, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Link still doesn't work.

Luc

Comment

Fotos is managed.

Comment

MacHodr, are you making reproduction 1st patterns ?

Comment

I am afraid so,Steve

Comment

Originally posted by jelle View Post
                    I am afraid so,Steve
                    With labels presumably.

Comment

Originally posted by MacHodr View Post
                      You may evaluate this work?
                      That is a decent replica.

Luc

Comment

Well the best thing to do is when i see this one:
                        Its time for us (Commenwealth collectors) to do like our German collector comrads when comments are asked about very expensive items.:
                        Do your homework and study more
                        I think a lot of people are getting fooled by this replica
                        I have nothing more to say about this smock, sort it out for your own.

Jeroen

Comment

Originally posted by JEROEN1944 View Post
                          Well the best thing to do is when i see this one:
                          Its time for us (Commenwealth collectors) to do like our German collector comrads when comments are asked about very expensive items.:
                          Do your homework and study more
                          I think a lot of people are getting fooled by this replica
                          I have nothing more to say about this smock, sort it out for your own.

Jeroen
                          Hi Jeroen,
                          My sentiments exactly.

Sorry to be this way MacHodor, but coming from the Czech republic as you do, makes us naturally suspicious of your motives. I hope you can prove us wrong .

Comment

Friends, now I do not know how to react. It is my (and my friends) first repro of smock, made only for our needs - for reenacting. The sale of these Smock not (and do not sign ) After the reproduction as the original one did not. I am not equipped for greater production and I do not even time. Views of other interested me - what are the colors, editing and overall impression. Thank you for your expressed views. And sorry for my bad english....

Comment

Excellent, best replica I've ever seen!

I would suggest you mark these Internally so that If one ever does escape from captivity your consience Is clear. YOU may not be Intending to sew In labels and market these as real but there Is nothing to stop someone doing that In future!

Yours, Guy.

Comment

Rubbish

I do not understand why we give this guy any credance at all,next thing we know is that the market will be flooded by them and it will have been our smocks and great photos on here,I'm to blame for that too,that will have helped to further their improvement. If as stated they are for him and his friends reenactment,then why get new membership here and flaunt it in front of us,surely they are good enough for that purpose now. Show us the rest of your reenactment costume here too,helmet boots puttees webbing scrim scarf etc etc then we can comment on that too,if you have any! Sorry but I am somewhat a synic.
                                I agree that we should tread carefully with new members wanting to much info on expensive gear or we will end up bitter and twisted like the poor SS cloth collectors.
                                Regards,Ivan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X