Windproof snowcamo display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice set up Ric,
    Glad the snow shoes found a great new home, they look much better on your set up than in my rubbermaid bin.LOL!

Comment

Can we see a picture of the snow shoes please?

Luc

Comment

Originally posted by Beau Brummel. View Post
        It's not the sort of book you think, although It does contain pictures of our smelly, In the full flush of youth, looking mean and moody and about to scale a large cliff. Worth purchasing for that alone . Actually well worth getting a copy as It has some very nice and scarce pieces In It.

As for smock shots there are a couple In the Davis book and I think If you do a search here you'll probably find a few more. Doubtless our Dutch colleagues over at TT will have some too.

Commando's did Indeed use the "Smock drab" In the mountains but I suspect this was due to the scarcity of the climbing smock and the fact It would be very hot to use In clement weather. However I doubt they did much climbing In the sail cloth smock as I suspect It would self destruct as soon as it came Into contact with a rock face

Below Is a picture of the climbing smock In question. It was made by teh Dunlop Rubber Company and was waterproofed with some form of rubber compound. They don't smell very nice either . These are by far the hardest of the smocks to find but Ironically were always the least popular, that's all changed now though.

Very Best Regards, Guy.
        Nice example Guy.
        I am als in the lucky position to own one.
        To bad that the lower strap is missing.
        Came across this one by luck.
        Was pionted to this one by someone at the militaria fair.
        I was looking for a drab type for my mountaineer, but this one is so much better.

Comment

well done Haplo,

Thats a really nice smock and a good size too.

Best Regards, Guy.

Comment

Thanks Guy.
            It fits really well to.

Sipke.

Comment

Ello guys,

Thanks again for more great feed back,

I now have the hunger for one of those Green snow smocks now!!! ya fiends!

"Luc" did you want to see a closer picture of the snow shoes that are sitting on his back?

J, Yes Im loving the shoes mate they display very well I had this smock on target when I got the shoes from you! : ) it just took abit of time to get

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X