Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WW1 British Brass Knuckles?

Hello,

I picked these up yesterday at a local market, was wondering if anyone had any opinions on these in terms of authenticity? They are marked with the letters A.K., a broad arrow and the date 1915.

Thank,

Ritchie.

img_0638.jpg

I have seen a picture of one of these before exactly the same shape but it said AK & CO on it so I'm presuming thats the maker. I think it was also dated 1915 and it had the broad arrow stamp on it too.

Any chance you want to sell it.

Comment

Have

I seen various dates + standard broad arrows on these type of knuckles, and the actual shape and size seems to be a standard pattern.

There was a discussion some time back on the subject, and lines were drawn as to who (if anybody) was issued with these.
      I still believe these to have been issued to certain troops in WW1 and NOT a fantasy piece !.
      Also notice that the shape and pattern is more or less the pattern used for the BC 41 "commando" Knuckle knife.

Comment

I recently sold a set of these and they were from a Royal Scots soldier who was with the 52nd lowland division in the war so their definitely not fantasy but they may be illegal regards Roger

Comment

Yeh a lot of the old british knuckles are this style the shape, and shape of the finger holes changes slightly depending on who made them.

I would love to get my hands on a BC 41 knuckle duster not the knuckle knife but actual knuckle duster or the BC 42 knuckle duster.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X