Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WWII Canadian Group

Hey guys,
    Just picked up this group today from the Grandson of the vet. He was assigned to the Canadian Army Trade School and he never went overseas.
    My question is what are the reciepts for? There are several of them, most for $1.00 some for $2.00.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JHoll72; 04-26-2009, 08:32 PM.

Handbook.
    Attached Files

Comment

Name
      Attached Files

Comment

Mileage notes.
        Attached Files

Comment

addresses in the handbook.
          Attached Files

Comment

The receipts I mentioned earlier
            Attached Files

Comment

Regulations for Drivers book.
              Attached Files

Comment

His driving permit and Identification card inside the regulations book.
                Attached Files

Comment

Jeff

Interesting lot of stuff! I assume the notes on mileage and the addresses are in the book of his Soldier's Handbook. Not a treasured possession then.

How many receipts are there in total?

This is a total wild-a** guess, but I was trying to think what kind of purchase/payment would require a written receipt and it occurred to me that perhaps they represent stoppages for lost kit or some minor offence, both cases where he would have wanted to be sure he could prove he'd paid.

Comment

If he was a sgt these are probably for mess dues and bar tabs

PAUL

Comment

Hey Jeff, nice little grouping you picked up there. What are the dates of the reciepts? Dated monthly? If so I would tend to agree with Paul, being a Sgt. these are possibly mess dues.

I like the personal notes in the handbook. Addresses and the mileages and such. Opens a lot for possible research.

Congrats man. This is the type of group I always keep my eyes open for.

Comment

Hey guys,
                        The addresses and mileage notes are in the Handbook.
                        There are 9 receipts and they are monthly dated. They are not consecutively marked but are spread over 1943 and 1944. Mess dues makes sense, thanks.

It says he is attached to S-8 CATS, would that indicate a specific trade school? If so, is there any way of finding out where that school was located?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X