Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Aussie WW1 Collectors on hand?

Hi,
    I have a chance to buy a WW1 Australian Lewis Gunners uniform, has the Lewis Gunner patch, collar insignia, etc, pants and extras, ideas as to value I dont want to fork out $1000AU for something worth $200. Extras mainly personal items, mess kit, knife, some mothing to tunic bad mothing in one place.
    cheers Robert

Well, if it's anything like CEF uniforms, you would do well to pick that group up for $1000 AU. The tunics run around $1000-$1500 alone on dealers websites. I know of a grouping that is just the tunic and pants for $1800. The caps sell anywhere from $300-$500.
    I have been told the straight let trousers can run $500-$1000.
    Keep in mind this is for CEF items and CDN dollars, I would assume Aussie stuff would be similar in value. I am just a novice WWI collector but these are the prices I am seeing.
    Is it a make an offer situation?

Comment

If I was to lay out good money for an expensive item that I was unsure of, I would take very detailed photos and pass them on to an expert for evaluation or post them here.
      If you don't know any experts of Australian cloth, I would be happy to forward the pictures to one that I know who lives in Australia.
      Brent

Comment

If it is geniune ww1 issue Aussie uniform your getting an absolute bargain. When you get it let me know and I'll give you double what you paid for it, and I'll still be doing well.
        Bruce

Comment

Auction

Well it went for $5,000 I bid to $4,800 and then dropped out. The mothing was bad and one collar insignia was missing. The winner has a Lewis gun just how you own that here in Oz I dont know said he is an armourer for the theatre and wanted the uniform to go with his gun. All I came home with was some crappy Jap tunics and a sacred Treasure medal to the 6th order. Oh well win some lose many.
          cheers Robert

Comment

I was going to say that the value largely depends upon the unit which the tunic is badged to. By this I mean the cloth insignia on the arms.

Some Australian Units are more collectable than others. Some Pom regiments are more desirable..........so it is with Infantry Battalions.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X