RCAF Ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RCAF Ring

This ring was in the pocket of a 1944 dated RCAF pilots uniform. The dates on the sides and places on the front are obvious, but does anyone have any idea of what the initials inside the ring would stand for? The initials are E.A.C.S. Any idea of the value of this ring?

Thanks in advance,

Mark
    Attached Files

Second view

Second view.
    Attached Files

Comment

Third view

I assume the stampings shown on this photo are silver marks?
      Attached Files

Comment

I would put it back in the pocket of the uniform , as it is a pretty basic design I should think the value is around the £15 mark . Though it is a nice little item .Rob
        God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Originally posted by ROBB View Post
          I would put it back in the pocket of the uniform , as it is a pretty basic design I should think the value is around the £15 mark . Though it is a nice little item .Rob
          Robb

Thanks for your input. I wonder if the initials in the inside of the ring stand for England-Africa-Crete-Sicily?

Regards,

Mark

Comment

I think it is a pretty interesting ring. Not official but personal. An airman could well have been in England,N.Afrika and Sicily in 1942-43. I wonder why he started his 1944 year and never added where he was? Whether he produced this in wartime as he went along or after we will never know.I would not just stick it back in the pocket. It's not valuable on the market but it was valuable to one man at one time.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X