Set of 5 unknown British knives/daggers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Set of 5 unknown British knives/daggers

Just been to see a set of 5 daggers/knives that came from a house clearance.
    I haven't got a clue what they are. They don't look good quality on first inspection but the blades a good quality & marked. There are also other markings on them.
    Anyone know what they are? Possible value?
    Thanks, Anthony
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Some sort of Indian/Afghani touristo trinkets possibly made from real scabbards and blades is my thought .Rob
            God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Originally posted by ROBB View Post
              Some sort of Indian/Afghani touristo trinkets possibly made from real scabbards and blades is my thought .Rob
              Interesting thought there Rob.
              The blades really do look & feel like real Bayonets, but the handles etc are pretty poor quality.
              Would make a lot of sense.
              Thanks.

Comment

Victorian Bandsmen Swords

I believe these are Victorian bandsmen or drummers' swords.
                $200 - $400 each.

Comment

I did think bandsman but the quuality appears to be quite poor ,just basic casting I doubt they are worth 2-400 dollares rob
                  God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

I'd agree that the scabbards at least are pre 1900 bandsmen's.

The stamp on the one shown - "R G A" - might it be "R. Garrison Artillery". Blade collectors care to comment?

Comment

Interesting.
                      Sent the pictures to a dealer whose been 40 years in the business & he said bandsmen's swords.
                      He also added that they aren't the easiest of things to sell.
                      The thing that is still confusing me is that the quality really is very poor (apart from the blades).
                      Any other opinions welcome.

Comment

Short swords worn by members of a Regimental Band are worn as an item to be looked at not used. I am unable to read all the markings on the scabbard but R.G.A would be for Royal Garrison Artillery, the number engraved (scratched) on the blade is the Storemans account number. I have seen them on sale here in the UK from £50 to £100.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X