RAF fire fighters medals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RAF fire fighters medals

Heres a small grouping of awards and paperwork from a firefighter in the raf ,
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

f
        Attached Files

Comment

g
          Attached Files

Comment

Cannot see an oak leaf anywhere? Is there one on the war medal ribbon? Ah I see the war medal is missing?

Is there any indication as to what part this guy played in the incident?

It always amazes me with RAF stuff is that despite all the pride England puts into this branch of the service there are no records available on the internet! The reason why I say this is because if this were a RCAF MID I could you what it was for like poo off a shovel!

I`m not even sure the RAF MID WW2 records were kept? Perhaps one of the forum moderators might know who is ex RAF.

Comment

Hi, cant find an oakleaf anywhere it may have gone awol over the years ,i have just added a pic of document of what he got it for must have been posting as you were cheers Dave

Comment

Ah so its a general citation for all........this is used to happen a fair bit with MM's and DCM's for WW1.

I am lead to believe one cannot be awarded a Campaign star with a out a war medal. Is there a medal slip with the war medal ticked off?

Perhaps the family pulled it as it looked like a pretty one with a leaf on the ribbon?

Comment

Hi, you are probably correct the family may have kept the war medal but seller is checking incase he still has it,,but im not holding my breath,, and no medal index , cheers Dave
                  Attached Files

Comment

A very nice documented group! Great MID.

-Ski

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X