Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denim Battledress question

Hello Gents,

I was wondering if the denim battledresses and trousers were worn by armoured troops around september 1944 during operation Market Garden?

Is it also common that the buttons were attached to the battledress with rings?

Thanks in advance.

Regards Erwin

Hi Erwin, I am sure they would have been worn.

That is the correct way for the buttons to be attached.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thanks Ade

What would be an appropriate price for a 1944 dated one, size 6 in a very good condition?

Regards Erwin

Comment

Q

HI ERWIN I WOULD GUESS £75,WILL

Comment

Hi Erwin, I am a bit out of touch on current prices, but just to be clear, do you have both a Battledress and trousers?

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thanks Will and Ade,

A guy offered me a denim battledress but he asked 145 euro for it. I saw two that were sold recently for 50 and 60 euro. Both were sold slow. So i think 145 euro is to much.

regards Erwin

Comment

is the the BD badged to any particular unit?

Comment

Hello Yellow

No it isn't badged at all.

regards Erwin

Comment

Denim BDs should not be badged. Regulations stated only rank insignia was allowed to be worn on them. I know regulations could be ignored but I've never seen a denim BD for sale badged even with rank insignia. 145 euro for a Denim BD is an outrageous price and completely out of touch with reality. I'd say around 50 or cheaper if you are lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Des Thomas View Post
                    Denim BDs should not be badged. Regulations stated only rank insignia was allowed to be worn on them. I know regulations could be ignored but I've never seen a denim BD for sale badged even with rank insignia. 145 euro for a Denim BD is an outrageous price and completely out of touch with reality. I'd say around 50 or cheaper if you are lucky.
                    I agree entirely!

If however It Is an early example In "brown" In a big size then the price Isn't too far off. If later green then your 'friend' Is trying to screw you for an extra hundred odd euros as Des has pointed out.

Yours, Guy.

Comment

Oh yes, Guy is right about the early brown ones. I forgot about those. They tend to sell for more because they grab the attention of German U-boat collectors and Commando collectors too I suppose. Your 44 dated one will be the common green version though.

Comment

Thanks for your replies Des an Guy.

The denim battle dress is a common green one. The seller thinks he has a golden one with a price of 145 euro. The search will be continued and perhaps i find a complete set, you never now these days.

regards Erwin

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X