RAF Wings-Good or Bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RAF Wings-Good or Bad?

These were in a collection of stuff I bought years ago. Repros or originals??????????????
    Attached Files

yyyyyyyy
    Attached Files

Comment

The pilot wing is based on a Canadian-made design. Usually seen with very shiny pinkish threads. The back looks odd to me but it could just be the image and/or how my monitor is displaying it.

The WAG wing looks like a repro to me. If the backing has padding in the same shape as the outline of the wing, it's a modern copy

Comment

I agree, WAG repro and pilot wings original.

Cheers, Luc

Comment

Both cheap E-Bay repro !!

Comment

Originally posted by GD/LW View Post
            Both cheap E-Bay repro !!
            I would tend to agree, both repro's. No original pilots wimgs would be embroidered with the wreath hiding the RAF initials.

Comment

Originally posted by dmytro View Post
              I would tend to agree, both repro's. No original pilots wimgs would be embroidered with the wreath hiding the RAF initials.

Like you say. These wings can be bought on E-Bay by the dozen. Still can't believe that there are still people buying militaria on E-Bay !!!

Comment

Like you say. These wings can be bought on E-Bay by the dozen. Still can't believe that there are still people buying militaria on E-Bay !!!
                With the greatest of respect there are still some stellar items to be found on ebay If one puts the time In.

Yours, Guy.

Comment

I'm with Guy on this. At present there are 113,000 items listed on ebay under militaria. That is US ebay alone not counting ebay UK, France, Germany, etc. They are not all repros nor all expensive, with a little patience you can find some fine items on ebay.
                  Garth

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X