No announcement yet.

polish para helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very interesting helmet in that the coarse texture is applied to the inside as well, looks kind of factory done. Was this a late wartime finish? first I have seen like this other than field textured and postwar reissues

Greg

Comment

Looks like a superb helmet Paul and a great story to go with it Regards, Clive.

Comment

Amazing helmet! Thank you so much for showing it.
        Cheers,
        Greg

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

polish para helmet

firstly . many thanks to lnijherald for posting the pictures .

all i know about the helmet is what ken told me . the troop truck crashed through a hedge and rolled down to the bottom of the field where there is a ditch and stream running through . ken saw the truck being removed and soon as it was gone went and had a look around to which he found the helmet .

ken was only 15 years old at the time so you can imagine the find was like treasure .....

all ive done is clean the dirt off it. still on it as it was found .

as far as any injured . don,t know . but ive spoken to a few parachute instuctors over the years at the local PRA meetings and they remembered the incident . so it must be logged somewhere in records ..

i would like to post more pictures but the web site wont allow . hopefully it can be sorted .....

since i purchased it all that time ago . ive become more interested in 1PTS especially ringway ....

best regards paul....

Comment

You're welcome Paul. Glad to be of help.

I'm sure your inbox is flooding with offers right now.

Cheers, Luc

Comment

Is there

Can the chap remember the approx date of the lorry crash ??? (Late 44 ? early 45 ?) ..

Gary J.
                Last edited by Gary Jucha; 01-03-2009, 03:22 AM.

Comment

polish para helmet

hello gary .

i think the crash was before june 1944 as i remember ken saying that he witnessed lots of american troops pulling out on trains.

then the local area went very quite with no military activity.

ken passed away two years ago after a very long illness . god bless him ..

regards paul...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X