WWI Tankers Mask

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WWI Tankers Mask

<!-- THE POST 582361 --> I picked this up at auction today also. I have never seen one for sale anywhere and have only seen pics of them in a museum.

This is a WWI tankers mask. It was listed as an 19th century stone cutters mask so I was hoping to get it on the sly, but there were a few people there who knew what it was.
    Anyway, VERY happy to pick this rare item from WWI up and add it to my collection.
    Attached Files

reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

Ive handled a few, you do see them at the big arms fairs in the UK because we had thousands of WW1 Tank Crew during WW1, unlike your Canadian Tank Corps which only had one of its three Battalions actually equiped with tanks.

Nice find, just make sure you keep the leather out of central heated environment.

Comment

Looks like a real one you lucked out on that one.

19C stone cutters mask, what a joke as if any one would care about occupational safety in the 19C. (and if it wasn't for the law they wouldn't today). Well I guess this is one time when misplaced political correctness payed off

I know it is rude but I have to ask how much you got it for??

here is a link to a pic of one

http://europeanww1lh.forumup.be/post...peanww1lh.html

Now you just need the helmet. Perhaps it will come up as 'An early 19C bicycle Helmet'
        Last edited by byterock; 12-29-2008, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by byterock View Post

Now you just need the helmet. Perhaps it will come up as 'An early 19C bicycle Helmet'

Nice one!
          Thanks for the feedback guys.

As for value, it got it for XXX CDN, which is expensive but still a good deal from what I can tell.
          For me it was one of those items you see and just have to have.
          Last edited by JHoll72; 12-30-2008, 06:35 PM. Reason: Removing price.

Comment

I still think there is a bit of profit left in it, even when I converted the price into micky mouse sterling. You never know someone on forum might offer you a trade for a piece of WW2 special forces head gear.

Comment

Hey Yellow,
              Glad to know I didn't lose my shirt on it. However, it is not for sale or trade right now.
              I kinda like it and will be keeping it in my collection for now.

Comment

Jeff

Nice find! I believe there's one in the Cdn War Museum collection too, 'cause I know I've seen one and can't think where else I would have, so maybe they can give you a bit more info., you lucky dog, you.

BTW, Happy New Year!
                Peter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X