ww1 raf medals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ww1 raf medals

A friend of mine has a couple of ww1 raf medals with the box of issue and his certificate, are they a rare or common medal, he is susposedly bringing them round to me tomorrow so should know more and will get some pics, any info on this would be great, cheers dave

Without knowing exactly what they are I cannot give any kind of opinion.

But I would suspect they will turn out to be a War and Victory Medal.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hi Ade, just rang him and your correct they are a war and victory medal both boxed and named to the raf guy, cheers dave

Comment

Hi Dave, bearing in mind I am not a WW1 medal collector, (how is that for a cop out ) I don't think these will be regarded as anything special by medal collectors. The RFC and RNAS merged in 1918.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

damn i was hoping they were worth a few ££ as he owes me a bloody fortune, thanks again Ade

Comment

RAF Medals

Generally speaking, the medals would not be of very great value, say less than $100.
            However, if the medals are named to an officer, or better yet a pilot/observer, the value would jump quite significantly.
            If the pilot was an "ace", then you would have hit the jackpot... but that would be a very rare find indeed!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X