Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British D-Day Identity Disc???

HI All,
    I know all the experts here can shed some light on this perhaps. I received this over 30 years ago when I collected Brit. Airborne and Commando, I got this in a trade from an Australian collector.

He explained this was a glow in the dark recognition disc worn by British troops. Can anyone give any details or was it embellishment.

THe badge is flat black with the core originally yellow (and did glow in the dark), It's marked on the back R.L.I. 1942 and comes with the leather pouch, any rate would love to here some details and does it have any value.

Thanks
    Chris
    Attached Files

A neat Airborne Marker Chris. The were used on equipment and personnel, rear of helmets etc. The version you have has a fixing that could be nailed or tied to equipment, there is another pattern that has a clip fastener. I think these have been copied, however yours looks to be a good original piece and quite scarce, also worth quite a few £'s. Regards, Clive.

Comment

HI Seebee,
      Thanks very much for the info!! Glad to know it was the real deal as I was never able to find anything out about it!!
      Chris

Comment

Very nice, on my wants list! Just don't store it in your trouser pocket!

Comment

As it's out of my realm of interest I suspect it'll be going up on ebay.

Chris

Comment

Here's the link to the disc on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/WW2-British-Airborne-Forces-Luminous-Airborne-Marker_W0QQitemZ220312711905QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_ DefaultDomain_0?hash=item220312711905&_trksid=p391 1.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X