Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British Para helmet and net

Gents,

A friend of mine bought a German collection recently and this was one of the non-German items in the lot. Looks pretty nice to me, but I am no expert on British gear. Your thoughts and expert opinions are welcome.

Cincylance

Pic 1
    Attached Files

Pic 2
    Attached Files

Comment

Pic 3
      Attached Files

Comment

Pic 4

Inside of cover.
        Attached Files

Comment

Pic 5
          Attached Files

Comment

Pic 6
            Attached Files

Comment

Pic 7
              Attached Files

Comment

Pic 8
                Attached Files

Comment

Last Pic.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nice original helmet. If he`s want to part from it............Nice to see a G&S with green painting.

Comment

Apart from the repaint and awful netting, it's fine.

Comment

Originally posted by JEROEN1944 View Post
                        Nice original helmet. If he`s want to part from it............Nice to see a G&S with green painting.
                        ...except that the green paint is not original. As Jack said - the outside has been re-painted. The inside of the shell shows the original G&S colour.

Regards,
                        Steve

Comment

Well why should the outher paint not be original, lookes to me from these pictures thats its about the same paint a BMB would have.

Comment

Originally posted by JEROEN1944 View Post
                            Well why should the outher paint not be original, lookes to me from these pictures thats its about the same paint a BMB would have.
                            No factory would paint the outside differently to the inside of a shell. It would not make sense. Besides, almost without exception the G&S helmets were painted the bronze-green colour ( almost brown ) that you can see inside the helmet. It is possible that the helmet was re-furbished during the war, but post-war is most likely. What is certain is that it never left the G&S factory like that.

As a collector I would prefer to see the original paint. Just me.

Regards,
                            Steve

Comment

Thank you for the replies. I wondered if the leather chinstrap indicated an early helmet. Also, did the British ever field-paint their helmets like the Germans?

Can anyone tell me the approximate value of this helmet?

Thank You,
                              Cincylance

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X