Help Identifying These Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Identifying These Please

I usually am on the German helmet forum so I don't know if the items in the photo are of any significance.

A co-worker has these items and said they belonged to his Grandfather in WWI. I think he said he was Canadian.

Someone at the office scanned them for us and here they are.

In any case, we're curious to know what the ribbons mean as well as the medal.

Some of the ribbons look German to me...but that's my area of interest.
    I'm totally lost outside of that.

Any help would be appreciated. He's not looking to sell them but would like to know app. value or scarcity, so he knows whether or not to keep them out of the hands of his young Son.
    Thanks in advance for any opinions,
    Mike

The ribbons are US. The rank 'pip' is British.

Comment

I think you should buy a few general militaria books for reference (no offence) .Afterall you are American and they are American ribbons . Tony is right and they have little value $2 .They are left to right Army good conduct medal ,Army of occupation medal ,and National defense medal. Rob
      God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Thanks Tony and ROBB

Thanks Tony- to the point and a good start.

Thanks ROBB - That's what I needed to know. However, your suggestion was not offensive so much as ridiculous. Being an American as you correctly assumed, I'm not sure what good sense it makes for me to "buy a few general militaria books..." to try to research some items that don't have any history with me and in which I have no interest in. I thought a better use of my money was in joining this site to be able to ask questions about areas I am not famaliar with and to contribute in areas that I do have an interest in (German helmets).

I'll forward your detailed information and my co-worker can decide if he wants to spend money on books (he's American also) to learn more about his items.

Lesson leerned here.
        Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X