Question about Polish para wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Polish para wings

Guys, I just recieved these wings I bought from the e-stand. Can anyone tell me who it as issued to? Also, am I right a low number means early production?

Thanks, Luc

Luc

Luc,
    The wing is 100% AOK.
    It is a Kirkwood issue from the batch of badge numbers 001 to 500 allocated to the General Staff section of the Brigade.
    Out of the 500 numbers allocated to the General staff, 329 badges of the 500 were issued, the rest were unissued.
    The badge you have, is one of the later ordered batch of the General staff allocation, which remained unissued.

Numbers 001 to 500 were not produced as you would expect .. all together.
    They were manufacted and numbered as required.
    I would suggest that this badge was produced around 1944.

Regards

Gary J.

Note that even now, badges from the unissued batch are becoming difficult to find, .. so as an example of the badge this is perfectly AOK ..

Comment

It is a correct Kirkwood manufactured wing. The first 500 were to be given to the "Cichociemnyi" Special Operations Paratroops who were to jump into occupied Poland.

Well, I see that I could not "outdraw" gunslinger Jucha - I went back to have another look, and Gary was there all ready!

Comment

Sorry

Sorry about that George .... it was a "long shot" from across the Atlantic !

Regards

Gary..

Originally posted by G.F.C. View Post
        It is a correct Kirkwood manufactured wing. The first 500 were to be given to the "Cichociemnyi" Special Operations Paratroops who were to jump into occupied Poland.

Well, I see that I could not "outdraw" gunslinger Jucha - I went back to have another look, and Gary was there all ready!
        Last edited by Gary Jucha; 08-19-2008, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys for your info!

And thank you Gary for your comment when it was up for sale, that made me decide to buy it.

Cheers, Luc

Comment

No Prob

No problem Luc ..

You have a nice clean Polish Para badge

Gary

Originally posted by lnijherald View Post
            Thanks guys for your info!

And thank you Gary for your comment when it was up for sale, that made me decide to buy it.

Cheers, Luc

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X