Any idea what these things are

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any idea what these things are

I have these strange disks. I used to think they were some kind of dog tag untill I foudn two that are the same. Any idea what they are?

JL
    Attached Files

The one with 22C on it suggests an AM stores reference number. Other than that, I haven't a clue!

Luc

Comment

AM is Air Ministry I suspect?
      I have the impression that these were some kind of tag attached to equipment, or ammo crates, or something like that...

JL

Comment

Are they not the tags from numbered security seals?

Comment

Perhaps they are tags for keyrings to identify individual or bunches of keys?

Edited to add: I've also seen things like this chained to the pipes and valves of the plumbing in old Ministry of Defence buildings.
          Last edited by Strider; 08-08-2008, 11:58 PM.

Comment

22C is the Section Reference stores prefix (RAF) for clothing items. These were probably screwed to racking in clothing stores.

Comment

Interesting, thanks for the reply.
              The thing is these things were found in the middle of the wilderness, not near any clothing stores...

JL
              Last edited by Jean-Loup; 09-06-2008, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Farrell View Post
                22C is the Section Reference stores prefix (RAF) for clothing items. These were probably screwed to racking in clothing stores.

tony is on the money here, i`m ex air force, and those look like section/reference numbers to me. stores codes in other words.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X