No announcement yet.

Hogspear ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gale and now Browning............whatever next?

The problem is when you throw some fake into your sales people start to doubt even your genuine items.

Does anyone here think the jacket is genuine? Please be honest.

The real joke is the arch faker is making up fakes to go with the other fakes. That I find very amusing.

Comment

Gary,
      I did say that If you bought It you could do what you wanted but If not to stay schtum! I sold five of those at beltring and now the cat's out of the bag what am I to do with the other nine

I am not aware of the other faker you boys are on about, would this be the person who sold that glider stuff recently?

You made Beltring then Yellow? Did you make It to my end of the field (row s) you should have come and said hello and had a cup of tea! Who are these people you are talking about, pm me If you want.

Rob, I can't answer your question as I don't really look at his medals, paperwork etc but I can say he has some really nice uniforms and headgear some of It quite ancient.

At the end of the day one of the objects of this forum Is to help steer people clear of expensive mistakes and to inform them of untoward shennanigans and In this I applaud you all. However there can be quite a fine line between that and what this forum classes as "trolling" or "flaming" (two dreadful cyber geek Americanisms that I had to ask my 10 year old Nephew to translate for me) and we know how easy It can be to damage an otherwise healthy reputation. If that happens due to a genuine mistake then It's very sad.

None of that Is directed at you guys here as all your comments were quite pertinent and humorous. However as In life there is always a minority that become moist about the gusset when they think there Is a witch to be burnt, and positively court disaster to this end. As I said, not directed at anyone here but rather unhealthy and definitely something to guard against.

As for hoggy, who knows what he's up to, all your points are well founded I just didn't want to see this degenerate. Be interesting to see what he lists in future. Has anyone contacted him re these unifors BTW?

Yours, Guy.

Originally posted by Gary Jucha View Post
      Yes Guy, .. you are right.
      ..it's a little fun at someones expense ...

.. Anyhow rumour has it, .... that Hitlers missing ball was for sale in a branston pickle jar at Beltring !!

Regards

Gary J.

Comment

Guy,

Ive dropped you a line. Now I actually think about its not very funny that collectors are being robbed by people like m911. The sad thing is like Hoggy this man does get some very nice items in. Why he cannot sell a nice war time dated para helmet as is, is totally beyond me? Its like he has a disease called compulsive fakers disorder.

I have spoken to him and even bought good items from him in the past. He's not a vindictive or a vulgar sort that sometimes one does encounter in the trade. I cannot even recall him ever swearing.

I really would like to think of myself as a good collector to have on a dealers books and I think its sad that this dealer has lost his ethical customers because of this eBay sillyness.

I do believe him to be a very lucky man. Our American cousins are not so forgiving.

As for Hoggy..............hes is a well known seller on eBay and from the amount of quality material he pushes through eBay I`d like to assume he does know what makes a good uniform. He must have extensive experience of handling these quality items. It just makes me wonder how could he be convinced by washed out labels with bright black ink from yesterday? It makes little sense.

Comment

Hi Steve,

All perfectly cogent points. Answer Is I don't know, I just buy nice bits from him and stay away from the shi#e.

occassionally I will chime In on here If someone looks to be considering buying a bad piece somewhere but other than that, If one uses auctions, online auctions etc etc one needs be aware of ones trade and caveat emptor.

Yours, Guy.

Comment

We've

We've ALL been caught out !!! .. both dealer and collector ....

.. I think though that the present is the most dangerous time for being duped because of the damn high prices that pieces fetch !!

!

Gary J.
            Last edited by Gary Jucha; 07-31-2008, 07:05 AM.

Comment

This is the sort of rubbish m911 sells he knows its a Chinese copy ,he has sold quite a few in the past ,yet he keeps banging them out with all sorts of rubbishy descriptions. We all make mistake but not on such grandiose preportions .Rob

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/German-WW1-Ste...3286.m14.l1318
              Attached Files
              God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Originally posted by ROBB View Post
                This is the sort of rubbish m911 sells he knows its a Chinese copy ,he has sold quite a few in the past ,yet he keeps banging them out with all sorts of rubbishy descriptions. We all make mistake but not on such grandiose preportions .Rob

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/German-WW1-Ste...3286.m14.l1318
                interior
                Attached Files
                God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

I wasn't aware of this 911 character Rob, not a nice helmet at all, I assume the numbers In his name refer to what he has been buying with the money he Is making.

Yours, Guy.

Originally posted by Gary Jucha View Post
                  We've ALL been caught out !!! .. both dealer and collector ....

.. I think though that the present is the most dangerous time for being duped because of the damn high prices that pieces fetch !!

Guy ... I had the "Cavity Empty" thingy the other evening .. after a wild curry from my local "Earth Wind and Fire" takeaway !! and that was after being thrown out of the local Muslim strip joint for shouting "Show us your face" .. and !!!! being thrown out of what used to be my local pub "The Thief of Baghdads Hands" (Under "new" ownership) .. for ordering a vodka and tonic !!

Gary J.
                  Last edited by Beau Brummel.; 07-31-2008, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Small gravel

Last edited by Gary Jucha; 07-31-2008, 07:21 AM.

Comment

This is just one of his wares. He buys relic WW1 German shells, then gives them the camo job. Ive seen the shells people put under the counter for him.

Even if you dont buy from eBay your still not safe. He likes to do the 'get behind the dealers stall routine'........and trade his fakes for your best stock.

I think we should just drop it now, we've had a lot of fun. Ive got a list as long as Jamie Oliver Sainsbury's till receipt of all his fakes so if you want to bring any of them up best place is probably on the eBay thread.
                      Last edited by yellow; 07-31-2008, 05:48 AM.

Comment

Steve's right this has run It's course.

Also I think It may be a plan if we edit our posts to remove anything that Is in bad taste or could cause dis-harmony before poor old Ade has to. I've started, please feel free to follow.

Yours, Guy.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                        X