raf thermos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

raf thermos

apparently this was used by raf aircrews during ww2 , does anybody know if this sounds right ? rgds dave
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

I've never seen this design? Thermos was a German company but the flasks were produced under license in the UK and other countries, if you don't see any other markings I'd say your example is not military and perhaps not even British made.

Luc

Comment

thanks for reply,i cant see any markings but writing on turnscrew on top is english, thanks dave

Comment

Since 1907 Thermos brand was used by independent companies in the USA, UK and Canada:
          http://www.thermos.co.uk/history.php

Could you post pictures of interior?

I used to have similar model, but I think it was post-war, it was also without military markings.

Comment

here it is, hope it helps
            Attached Files

Comment

Your looks older than mine. In my there was plastic over the seal.
              I never seen this size of thermos with military markings, only smaller and larger models.

I was trying to do some research regarding thermoses but it was unsucesfull, only is sure that there were least 4 major types, with small differences within every type.

During ww2 10-12000 were produced, but again it is not sure in Thermos England, or in all branches (Canada, USA).

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X