Is this a British or Canadian Helmet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a British or Canadian Helmet?

This was given to me and I was hoping someone could tell me whether its Brit or Canadian or both? It is maked F&L 3 1/1939. Thanks in advance, Ron.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ron P; 07-27-2008, 06:38 PM.

Attached Files

Comment

Hi there, the helmet is a British one. Canadian manufacturers are: GSW - General Steel Wares, CL/C - Canadian Lamp Co and AG/C - Aluminum Goods Company. Version of the above with additional stamp of D.P. & H are second quality helmet reserved for Departmen of Pensions and Health. These were used in Canada for Air Raids Protection, Police etc. The definative work on these gelmets is Tin Lids - Canadian Combat Helmets by Roger Lucy.

The liner bolt looks like it may be Canadian. Often Brit helmets were worn by Canadians but the British liners were switched out for Canadian liners. Canadian liners are marked C Broad Arrow, V.M.C for Viceroy Manufacturing Co.

Cheers,

Greg

Comment

A.R.P. = Air Raid Precautions. I try to correct everyone when I see this mistake. I just don't like to see misinformation going around unchecked.

Comment

Thanks for the replys.

Comment

F&L is Fisher & Ludlow ltd of Birmingham , liner looks English as well ,nice lid .Rob
            God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
            X