WW2 Aussie uniform sets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WW2 Aussie uniform sets

hey guys this section of the forum has been pretty stagnant so I thought I would share my WW2 Aussie uniform sets.

First up is an Australian electrical and mechanical engineers uniform set named to VX92122 Craftsman Hubert Edward Mills. He was in the 2nd Division Cavalry Signals before the war hence the mini patches on his uniform. It's a very unique uniform that even includes a "V for Victory" pin on his front pocket. It does have the pants but I don't have a full-bodied mannequin.
    Attached Files

Here is my only officers service dress uniform set and it's a beauty. It's named to TX6048 Lieutenant Richard Conrad Skinner. He was in the 2/12th infantry battalion however seemed to have missed out on the siege of Tobruk as he was training in Syria. He was injured on duty and was then seconded to the Brighton PoW camp in Tasmania hence the mini Tasmania L of C patches on his uniform. Both his hat and tunic were tailor made in 1945.
    Attached Files

Comment

Here's a tropical uniform set named to VX35017 Lieutenant G.A Ruddock. He fought in the middle east and also new guinea. He was in an anti-aircraft unit.
      Attached Files

Comment

Here's a 2/4th pioneer set named to SX19628 Private Kenneth Frederick Wilson. He answered the call in 1943 however didn't serve outside Australia until 11/4/1945 in New Britain. It appears he didn't do a lot during the war but I am sure he still served with a lot of pride.
        Attached Files

Comment

Here is an anti-aircraft battery uniform set named to VX135751 Sergeant Kenneth Martin. He served overseas in New Guinea and what's great is that it's his whole set he was given when he enlisted. I managed to acquire two tunics, a greatcoat and a slouch hat... all are 1942 dated, which is when he enlisted. Unfortunately the moths have attacked the uniforms but left the hat untouched. I suspect the hat was kept separately. He discharged to continue his Law studies at University and went on to a great career helping the underprivileged with their legal matters.
          Attached Files

Comment

Here's a pic of the same uniform with the greatcoat.

Anyway that's all my Aussie uniform sets. I hope you liked them. If you have any sets to add please feel free.

- Chris
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Chris,
              Very nice uniform groupings. Great to see the collection coming along so well.

Mark

Comment

great tunics from down under, Thanks for sharing .... love the hats !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Great looking items. You always have beautiful items to show.

John

Comment

thanks for the replies, guys. I really appreciate it.

- Chris

Comment

Hi Chris,

Those are some very nice displays!

Cheers!
                      Gary

Comment

thanks for the reply, Gary. After seeing some of your excellent displays; a compliment from you means a great deal.

These Aussie uniform sets are getting harder to find so I think these will be my last ones for quite some time

- Chris

Comment

Hey Nice sets! Aussies are hard to find. You've done quite a good job pulling them all together. Now all you need is an RAAF set!

Comment

you're right, Mike. I have been collecting for four or so years and whilst I can find a tunic or a hat, I always find them on their own. Finding a complete set is a real mission and the latest one dropped into my lap. I bought the anti-aircraft battery hat on its own on eBay and thought that would be all. The seller emailed me a few days later in response to my email and asked if I wanted to buy the uniform as well. Sheer luck. Turns out she was merely intending to sell the hat because she needed the money but thought keeping the uniform on its own was just silly and they should be together. I agreed, of course

An RAAF set hey? I did have a great RAAF set but to be honest RAAF stuff doesn't ring my bell. I will leave the RAAF stuff to the RAAF collectors and stick with my army stuff I reckon.

- Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X