commando vickers k/go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

commando vickers k/go

hi, new posting here, tho i've been reading this forum and the fallschirmjager w.a. forum for a couple of years. i'm not a militaria collector- my hobby is 1/6 scale figures- but i have found the w.a. forums a great research and reference source, since i try to make my figs as accurate as possible. so thanx for being here and available to hobbyist such as myself.
    right now i'm working on a normandy commando figure (4 cdo, i believe) armed with the bipod and pistol grip adapted vickers k, besed on a photo that i found in one of my reference books (not sure of the title, but i've seen the pic in a couple of books and on the internet). it has a good view of his equipment, including the round mag pouches, but the mg itself isnt very clear. i was wondering if anyone here has any good pictures of this model of vickers k, especially the 'lower rail (below the gas tube) which projects in front of the pistol grip and to which the bipod is attached. im working from a very nice white metal casting of the vickers k, and would like to be sure of the details before i start hacking it apart!
    so, any help would be appreciated, any clear detailed pics, or even info on whether
    the the "lower rail" is round, sqare or channel shaped in section.

thanx in advance,
    rob

Hi Rob, welcome to the forum.

I have a photocopy of the manual for the Vickers K. This does show the conversion parts for gun is the ground role with the pistol grip, bipod etc.

I will try and dig it out for you, but give me a few days.

If anyone else can help in the meantime, please do.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

thanx, ade!

rob

Comment

you might check this site

http://www.vickersmachinegun.org.uk/

Comment

tried already, the only picture they have of the 'ground role' k is pretty grainy and straight 'side on' so you cant see the cross section of the paert that i'm most unsure of. thanks for the link , tho.

cheers,
          rob

Comment

so, ade...... any luck on that manual? not to be a pest or anything....

cheers,
            rob

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X