Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yard Sale boots

Hello

I wonderd if I could get an opinion on these boots, I picked them up at a Yard Sale, the seller said they were in the Garage when the place was bought so have no history

I see a size stamp 11 on the inside top of the boot but no other marks

Laces are leather, eyelets are brass, they were very expensive $4

I thought there might be a chance at being WW2 or just after? I searched the other threads and saw that there is no toe cap on these

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks

John
    Attached Files

and the soles, the heel plate looks like the ones I have seen on Allied boots, the studs are unusual and the cleats almost look like ones on a german pair I have?
    Attached Files

Comment

They look like a pair of General Service Ankle Boots. These had no toe caps and seven eyelets. I have a pair identical in construction, minus the hobnails. But this were worn with both heel irons and hobnails.
      Very well could be WWII, although I don't know when they stopped producing this boot.
      Mine has a maker mark and date stamp on the inside sole of the boots, look way down inside the boot..they can be very hard to find and read.

Comment

thanks jeff, I will take a closer look inside, there is somthing there but hard to read, what date are your pair?

thanks

john

Comment

Hi John,
          Mine are dated 1942. The stamps can be very hard to read especially in a pair like yours that has seen lots of wear.
          A flashlight, some baby powder or a little bit of water rubbed over the mark may help it stand out a bit.
          Here is a pic of mine, not very worn at all...I could not get a good pic of the stamp though. There are some differences between yours and mine as you will note...maybe a different manufacturer or perhaps they are something else, entirely.
          Attached Files

Comment

And just to confuse the issue even more, I went searching for a thread on boots over at the Great War Forum that I has started awhile ago...remembering seeing some pics that looked similar to your boots.
            Have a look at the thread...I think if you can read the markings on your boot's sole, that will tell all.

http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/fo...ic=75121&st=25

Comment

thanks for the link jeff, those boots have the same stud pattern

John

Comment

boots identity

hi maybe ask some of the gebirgsjager guys on the forum, they look like ww2 mountain troop boots to me..a thought mike

Comment

I think they are ww2 british army cleated boots (they bring "cleated" to the front of my mind). Will be able to tell you when I get home from work

Paul.

Comment

boots identity

heres another thought, being an 11 and if they are around that size physically they will be imperial british or even american, im sure if they were british even post war boots have more stampings like the broad arrow and the maker, so maybe they are american, they dont always have a lot of markings but more than just the size, or british aftermarket mountaineer boots patterned on ww2 types, look at doc martens 10 hole boots compared to late war fallschirmjager boots.

Comment

Boot markings

Greetings: I have a pair of 1942 Canadian marked boots. Here's a close up of the extra marking I believe Andreas is talking about.The letters ND are also stamped above the size but are a little hard to see in the photo (P.S. Have you received the strap I sent you Mike..email me please)
                      Regards
                      Zeke
                      Attached Files

Comment

boot manufacturer

Here's the inside with date(1942) and manufacturer(Sisman) with boot width "E".
                        Zeke
                        Attached Files

Comment

nice boots

looked and there was just size stamp on the inside aswell,

will look good on a manequin

Thanks

john

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X