Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Australian WW2 Volunteer Defence Corps

All,

I am seeking to collect Australian Volunteer Defence Corps (VDC) uniforms and equipment. As such I only have a WW2 slouch hat with VDC patch and an arm brassard (for when in civilian uniform and not yet been issued a uniform). With my collection, I could make up a later WW2 VDC display, but am really up for the 'Bottle Green' uniform display.

I am keen to see what VDC stuff is out there. it is a not well documented part of Australia's history. My interest is stemmed from my Great Grandfather, A British Soldier prior to WW1, an Australian Soldier (AASC) in France in WW1 and I have a picture of him in Khaki uniform with WW1 ribbons in Victoria Barracks Brisbane during WW2. My grandfather could never confirm if his dad was VDC, but from the pic, I would say he probably was for a period. But as it is not well documented, I cant confirm as it was run by the Returned Services League (RSL) prior to becoming part of the WW2 Australian Army.

Anyway. lets start up a VDC run of info and pictures.

Here's a picture of a 1942 dated VDC slouch hat that I sourced from America of all places. It's a good example that features the early war style (and militia) puggaree. Also, the background of the VDC patch has been folded behind the patch (the diggers usually either kept the background or cut it off but this bloke just folded it behind the patch.)

Anyway I hope you like it.

- Chris

Comment

Still there Aaron?

Can you supply some pics for reference ?

Or has anyone else got some VDC items that they can post pics of .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X