British Collectables (Militaria) Ltd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British Collectables (Militaria) Ltd

Does anyone know whats happened to British Collectables ( Militaria ) Ltd from Santa Monica, California ?
    I've been trying to get onto his site all week with out any luck. He had some tasty WW1 aviation items I was interested in getting from him but I'm wondering if he's shut up shop.
    If anyone know's how I can contact him or anyone else that has any RFC flying head gear, goggles, leather coats & any other related items they want to get rid of, I'd be greatful if you can let me know.

Cheers
    Mike

w

hi mike ,i think someone has some rfc gloves for sale on the forum,will

Comment

Originally posted by hayleyp View Post
      hi mike ,i think someone has some rfc gloves for sale on the forum,will
      Thanks Will
      I had a look at those the other day.

Cheers
      Mike

Comment

Is there anyone that knows whats happened to this site or were I can find any RFC items for sale.

Cheers
        Mike

Comment

I've been wondering the same thing. I tried contacting them by email and have received no response -- have they gone out of business?

Comment

Their phone number is listed as 310-453-3322, address is 1727 Wilshire Blvd, Santa Monica Ca 90403. Try calling them, if you get a recording say "this number is no longer in service" they've shut up shop. I think there's an 8 hr time difference with UK. Good Luck.

Comment

Cheers Dave !

Comment

Sorry, Mike, didn't notice you were in Enzed, it's probably at least Tuesday there!

Comment

British Collectibles, Ltd OOB

Dear Forum Members:

I am new to the forum. I happened across it the other day while trying myself to find British Collectibles (Militaria), Ltd. I wanted to buy one the foreign service helmets they offered for so long under their Zulu War section. I called their number, and spoke a gentlemen with an English accent who said that the company was in fact out of business (not really surprising considering how proud they were of their stuff), and that their entire inventory had been sold and shipped to someone "overseas." That was as specific as he would be. Considering that most of their inventory was of UK origin, the greatest likelihood is that it went there, but that is just a guess. I am sorry to see them go, and particularly sorry I missed the opportunity to acquire one of their foreign service helmets. If anyone knows of another source for them (other than the Vietnamese reproductions currently available), I'd very much like to hear of it.

Yours,
                  Dan Tatum

Comment

This may be old news to those of you in the UK, but I learned today that apparently Michael D. Long bought British Collectibles, Ltd's stock. They are currently selling khaki other ranks foreign service helmets on ebay which they describe as having been made several years ago by an original manufacturer in England (Just as British Collectibles described theirs.). They are doing them as dutch auctions, so obviously they have several. I bought one a couple of weeks ago, and out of curiosity I asked where they had found these, and they confirmed that they came from British Collectibles. I haven't been to MDL's website to see if they have posted any of his other inventory, but since the mysterious Englishman who answered the phone at British Collectibles said that the entire stock had been sold to a single overseas purchaser, I must assume that MDL has all of it.

Yours,
                    Dan Tatum

Comment

Cheers Dan

Great info

Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X