Arnhem attributed Fighting Knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arnhem attributed Fighting Knife

This knife was used by Sgt D.F.Turner at Arnhem in 1944. He served in the Queens Own Royal West Kent Regiment 1939-1942 and the 21st Independant Parachute Company-Parachute Regiment 1942-1950. The framed display case contains the knife, details and his two cap badges. The knife itself has been plated.

I would be pleased if anyone has information regarding Sgt Turner's service, especially at Arnhem. I never researched this and wonder if he is mentioned in any Airborne books or possibly a website? Many thanks, Clive.
    Attached Files

Descriptive plaque
    Attached Files

Comment

RWK Cap Badge
      Attached Files

Comment

Parachute Regiment Cap Badge
        Attached Files

Comment

2nd Pattern Wilkinson Sword manufactured Fighting Knife. Post-War plated and Blade engraved.
          Attached Files

Comment

Reverse
            Attached Files

Comment

B-2 Code Stamping
              Attached Files

Comment

Final Image - Engraved Details on Knife Blade.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Clive, I can tell you all about this knife. It belongs to my best friend. Search Don's name on the forum.

It was loaned by Don to a member of his PRA Branch for a display. This member moved to Scotland taking Don's knife with him without Don's permission. This person sadly died. Don requested the knife back many times from his wife, and he was fobbed off, saying it would be illegal to post it. I even offered to drive Don to Perth to get it back once. Don lives in Kent. There were actually two knives loaned. The other was a copper washed 2nd pattern which he got from a Polish Para.

I am in shock here to see this. I am actually shaking.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Me and Don. I only spoke to him a couple of nights ago. We are in touch most weeks.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I just cannot believe that bastard woman sold it.

Comment

Unbeleavable what a cow!! It would be great if this could have some sort of good ending

Greg

Comment

At least

No concilation .. but at least it has been found !

Gary J.

Comment

There's laws against knowingly selling property that does't belong to the seller, without the owners permission.

Will watch the developements with interest.

Mike

Comment

I am really sorry Ade about this, my posting was in all innocence and with no prior knowledge of Turner or any prior history about the knife. I do not recall exactly where and when I bought it, it is very likely to have been at one of the Arms Fairs we all atend. I almost certainly did not buy it from an idividual and am fairly sure it was a dealer. If you would like me to speak to Turner about it then I will be pleased to do so, perhaps you will let me know after talking with him yourself. As I am sure you know, I am not a dealer and very seldom sell or trade anything. I have always collected things that interest me, fighting knives of course being one of them. I respect these things and more so those that used them. It is not too often that such situations arise and demonstrates the benefits of such a forum as this. Anyway Ade, please contact Turner and we will take it from there. Kind regards, Clive.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 11 users online. 0 members and 11 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X