CollectorsGuild

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poor seller practice on eBay - One YOU need to be aware of.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor seller practice on eBay - One YOU need to be aware of.

This morning I spotted a British medal on eBay with a buy it now. No problem I bought is and decided to pay via Pay Pal. Payment process went though fine......then to my horror I recieved this message:

Your payment of £20.00 GBP to the seller ******* is complete.This payment will appear on your card statement as "PAYPAL *CLAIRENAKED".You will receive an email receipt shortly.
    Now I know some of you guys have got high flying jobs and reputations to uphold some of you may even work with children. To do this to your paying customers strikes me as a man who is something of a wanker. Maybe he doesnt realise that all credit card expenditures are recorded on a national database in the UK. There are people in the UK whos full time job it is to weed out phenophiles's in the country.

Would you be happy if this happened to you and your wife read your credit card statement? Trust me chaps, you wouldnt be eating cooked food for a year!
    Last edited by yellow; 02-08-2008, 05:56 AM.

sellers name pls ?

Comment

Sorry against forum policy to name the seller, but I am about to send you a PM.

Comment

I'm interested to know too. I agree with you. That's not on.

Is it allowed to link to the actual auction?

Comment

Hi Adam, Thank you for your concern.

This is troubling me for me because I am a chap who has done work with young adults. All it would take is someone to add two and two and make five and before I know it Ive got the police knocking on my front door.

Regardless if this is some sort of joke, its pretty sick. Maybe the seller does not realise the implications?

I know its only 20 pounds at stake but if I start bombarding the guy with complaints and get him struck off Pay Pal what are the chances of seeing the medal? Although that is not my primary concern, I dont want that on my credit record, it makes me look like a pervert!

Anyway Ive decided to keep a hard copy of all paper work.

Adam Ive sent you a link to the auction.

Comment

I would complain to that plonker once you get your medal. Some people eh?

Comment

i would strongly advise you to inform the police, they wont give a damn, but it will be recorded as a complaint, hence any bitter taste at a later date. thus you will be bullet proof

Comment

Unless the seller's name is in fact Mrs Naked I find it tasteless and insensitive.
                Personally I'd write an e-mail and explain why you find it offensive.

Cheers, Luc

Comment

I agree sounds like a wonker who is he ? Rob
                  God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

The medal arrived today and there is nothing wrong with it.

As the chaps who I sent the auction link to can confirm.....he has 100 percent perfect feedback many of which come from reputable 'known' collectors on the Internet.

I`l drop him an email to ask if he would consider changing the paypal credit statment field in Pay Pal to something a little less lude.

Comment

If anything like that name CLAIRENAKED appeared on my credit card statement, It would ruin me. My wife and I had a rough patch....actually almost 6 years apart. We have since reconciled but there is still a little tension in our relationship and something like that showing up would be the end of it.

That seller likely thinks its funny and most would get a kick out of it. I know I would get a kick.... right out the door.

I hope the seller does in fact change that paypal ID, also hope I never fall into a trap like that. This is something I have never considered when using paypal.

Please PM me with this sellers ID so if I do buy from him, it will be by MO and not Paypal.

Comment

More than anything I think Pay Pal are to blame for this. Providing the facility in the first place is asking for it to be abused.

Let us say you were my arch nemesis collector and I listed a lot that I know you would buy.............only payment method would be set to Pay Pal.........I could in theory make your credit card statement read how I wanted. Then that information would be recorded on a credit database linked to your name for any bank, building society, credit card company, benefit agency or police to see

I cannot believe there isnt a law against this?

However the people I feel most for are the people who have bought from this guy since he started selling on eBay. It is hard to believe that of the 54 deals none of these gentlemen buyers paid by Pay Pal. The sad thing is many of the the ID's listed in the feedback I recognise from a Brirish Medal Collector forum...............let us hope that their children or even their wifes do not read the statement.
                        Last edited by yellow; 02-09-2008, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X