Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOE Hi-Standard Pistol.

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has any detailed/up close photographs of the Hi-Standard pistol with silencer? Particulary of the front of the silencer and where it locks onto the pistol itself.

Thanks

Paul.

Unfortunately Paul mine is at the Museum and I will need to take better images for you. These ones are low resolution and from another display, top left hand corner. It is a long time since I removed the Silencer, but recall it may have been threaded. I have another example, without the Silencer, that was reputedly used by SOE, will post this later. All the best, Clive.
    Attached Files

Comment

Enlarged image of above.
      Attached Files

Comment

This is the Standard Pattern, without the Silencer, but reputedly used by SOE.
        Attached Files

Comment

Reverse view. Will post better pictures of the Silenced version when I get the opportunity Paul, regards, Clive.
          Attached Files

Comment

High Std

Send me a mail & i will ship over some close image for you,,

LH 600

Comment

Hi Clive, thanks for the reply.

Is the silencer a full baffel system do you know?

Paul.

Comment

Not sure about that Paul, you may get the answer you need quicker from LH 600. Regards, Clive.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Brennan View Post
                  Hi Clive, thanks for the reply.

Is the silencer a full baffel system do you know?

Paul.

Nearly full. Similar to the Welrod pistol type.

LH 600

Comment

Thanks LH 600.

Sadly you've just confirmed my fear (well, not fear as such, still happy to own it as I've not seen another)

Will post pictures later on

Paul.

Comment

There is an interesting link on the Firearms Forum Paul. This has a link for the dates of manufacture as well. I just checked the two versions I posted, the Silenced one was made between 1938 and 1939, the un-Silenced one between 1936 and 1937. best, Clive.

Comment

Hi Clive,

Here is the one I bought:

The silencer is (from what I now know) a dummy which pulls off to reveal a barrel similar to your second Hi-Standard.

The pistol itself has not got many markings on it, just a 5 digit serial number, patent marks on the barrel, and this on the slide:

I have an idea when it was made, I did find a serial number list for serial numbers with just numbers and no letters (the match target version of the pistol had letters and numbers if I understand right), and it placed this serial number between 1925-26 but this is for the Woodsman pistol. Mine does not say Woodsman anywhere on it, but I suspect it is one.

Oh well heheheheheh

Paul.

Comment

An interesting Handgun all the same Paul, will be great for your displays. Out of interest, what does the Deactivation Certificate say regarding the maker and calibre, assume this to be .22? best, Clive.

Comment

Hi Clive,

I may intend on reproducing the silencer so it conforms more to the proper specification, but I'll see.

If memory serves the deactivation certificate states it as being a .22 being made by "colt automatic" with a barrel length of about 6.5 inches. But will confirm all of this when I get home and update as appropriate.

Paul.

Comment

I would call it 'OSS' Hi-Standard but anyway, here's an interesting article:

http://www.smallarmsreview.com/pdf/OSSPistol.PDF

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X