Royal Nfld Regiment WW1 Portrait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Royal Nfld Regiment WW1 Portrait

Here's a recent local pickup, a WW1 era portrait postcard of Royal Newfoundland Regiment soldier Christopher Bertram Dicks, Reg. no. 33. Some of the information I have on this man is as follows. He enlisted on September 1, 1914 and joined the British Expeditionary Force March 14, 1916. He fought at Beaumont hamel and was wounded there on July 1st, 1916. He was sent to England due to these wounds and returned to the B.E.F April 26, 1917. He returned to Newfoundland in 1918 and was the Assistant Director of Recruiting and was also involved in Demobilization that same year. He retired a Captain on March 31, 1919. I don't believe portraits such as this are easy to find. If anyone has any other information that would be great.
    Attached Files

Here's the rear.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello Steve, Thanks for poasting the image. Not many Newoundlander photos floating around. Cheers, Gary (NS)

Comment

Hello Steve, Thanks for posting the image. Not many Newfoundlander photos floating around. Cheers, Gary (NS)

Comment

Can I assume you have already checked the Newfoundland Great War Heritage Project (http://www.nfarchives.net/) ? Doesn't seem to offer any info you don't have already but contacting the project leader might prove useful for someone as prominent as yr man (officer, original draft, etc).

Anyway, good luck with the research!

Peter Monahan
          R Nfld Reg't, Bulger's Coy ( 1812 reenactors)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X